Rail Operations Controller
This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to build great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. And making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons.
We have countless skilled people working behind the scenes to keep our airport running smoothly. Engineers and technicians help us keep our passengers and planes moving. It’s meaningful, wide-reaching work. From water to energy, rail to roads, our engineering and asset management teams work across the airport on a huge range of development, construction, facilities management and maintenance projects; from our driverless cars to our biomass energy plant.
Join us as Rail Operations Controller within our Rail team, to mitigate risks and ensure faults and failures are reported correctly. Implement emergency procedures and keep customers and partners informed at all times.
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance, access to private health insurance and, in IT, flexible working. We actively try to create part-time opportunities and use remote technologies to enable people to work from home. We also have a range of initiatives designed to help people in our surrounding communities get to and from work cost-effectively and sustainably, from free travel on local buses through to subsidised rail fares. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
Be part of the 78 million passenger journeys we make happen each year. An incredibly important part.
Your Role Will Involve:
- Manage and prioritise information response to meet operational guidelines
- Receive information about defects in any of the company’s physical assets and record it accurately and promptly
- Maintain and complete the daily reports for the safe operation of the infrastructure and station assets
- To align with the companies’ environmental policy, report all incidents/accidents with an environmental impact and notify management of any potential environmental hazards
- Ensure all customer information is accurate, timely and relevant
- Advise staff and contractors of current activities to avoid any conflicts between planned works and potentially unsafe situations
We're Looking for People Who Have:
- Previous experience in engineering/operational disciplines associated with railway operations is required
- Must be aligned with railway operating guidelines relating to control room operations
- The ability to work in high pressured environment, without reducing service levels
- Understanding and ability to use all rail control room systems
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to shine and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome all sorts of passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow, we’re driven by inclusivity and we celebrate individuality. #LI-POST