Senior Engineer - Aircraft Systems
Senior Engineer, Crawley
Overview: The role is for a Senior Engineer within the Aircraft Systems technical domain in the Aircraft Simulation Group.
Core duties will involve, but not be limited to:
- Analysis of aircraft and equipment manufacturer’s data
- Software design/modification using appropriate software languages
- Integration of software and hardware systems
- Testing, fault finding and problem rectification
- Interfacing with customers and aviation regulators
- Customer acceptance support (in-house & on-site)
Key Responsibilities may include
- working unsupervised
- training and mentoring of other engineers
- development of novel systems of medium complexity
- performing peer reviews of others’ work, including code, design & document reviews
Essential skills and experience:
- Typically recent significant technical experience in the Aircraft Systems technical domain, particularly in areas such as,
- ATA 21: Air conditioning and pressurisation
- ATA 24: Electrical power
- ATA 26: Fire protection
- ATA 28: Fuel system
- ATA 30: Ice and rain protection
- ATA 32: Gear and brakes
- ATA 35: Oxygen
- ATA 36: Pneumatics
- ATA 49: Auxiliary Power Unit
- ATA 52: Doors
- ATA 70: Engines
- Good C/C++ programming skills
- Experience in real time software / firmware programming and integration
- An individual with drive, enthusiasm and can-do attitude coupled with the ability to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated the ability to work unsupervised
- Strong verbal, presentation, written communication and inter-personal skills
- Experience in development lifecycles, systems engineering, formal testing, and verification and validation.
- Experience of CVS and/or Git software version control systems
- Will have demonstrated a high degree of technical expertise, problem solving skills, and innovation for areas of medium complexity of novel developments
Qualification and educational requirements:
- An appropriate engineering Degree or equivalent (with mathematics, science or engineering content specific to aviation/aerospace applications) or significant appropriate experience in the aviation/aerospace industry
- Ideal candidates will have a strong understanding of various aircraft systems
Hours: Full time (37 hours) with shift working as required
Additional information: Applications will only be accepted from individuals who possess the eligibility to live and work within the EEA.
L3 CTS is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of their background.
Note: This advert is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job title. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role. The employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
As part of this application you will provide us certain personal data as defined by the Data Protection Act. This information will be used for reviewing and assessing your application for this vacancy and shall be retained for a maximum of 12 months. Should you wish for your data to be deleted in respect of this application please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply: If you can demonstrate your qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience match our requirements, we’d like to hear from you.
Agency information: We do not accept uninvited approaches from recruitment agencies.
On occasions where we have a requirement to obtain third party support on a specific recruitment campaign we will pro-actively approach a preferred supplier based on our own market research.
We will not pay agency fees associated with unsolicited third party applications. Should you choose to submit CV’s speculatively to any employee associated with L3 CTS we retain the right to pursue and hire that candidate without any obligation to third party terms and conditions, regardless of their inclusion in any email or supporting documents.
If you are interested in working with us please submit your company details below.
More searches like this
- Aerospace & Aeronautical Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Control & Instrumentation Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Design Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Electrical Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Systems Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer