Principal Engineer - Gas Turbine Filtration Division
With 50 years' experience in gas turbine inlet filtration, Parker is a leader in the development and production of high quality gas turbine air inlet filters and systems that provide superior performance in a wide range of environmental conditions. To maintain our strong market position, we are looking for someone who will contribute to the development of advanced filtration systems and testing capabilities for the filtration industry. This role reports to the Division Engineering Manager and will be part of a team of 10 people.
Your role will include:
- Manage new development of inlet filtrations systems for gas turbines by developing new or refining design methodology while applying scientific & advanced theories to create concepts and process to meet design targets.
- Lead other engineers to develop and validate new products whilst keeping track of costs, available resources, timeline and other planning details to ensure proper project delivery standards.
- Review, investigate, research & operationalise new technologies and industry standards to meet product objectives and technical deliverables
- Create related documentation of existing design practice and implementation of new and existing innovations (drawings, standards, etc)
- Apply and lead continuous improvement initiatives through the development of new engineering technology, product development, analytic tools, and key production principles and techniques.
- Plan & test product processes from product development into full production
- Identify suitable measurement methods for products
- Prepare invention disclosures to protect technology that gives the business a competitive advantage, as well as protecting the intellectual property rights of the company
We would like to hear from you if you have:
- Ph.D. or Master of Science in Materials Science & Engineering, Chemistry (polymer), fibre science or other engineering disciplines
- A professional experience in air filtration industry involving polymeric fiber or membrane formation; polymer chemistry; characterization and testing techniques
- Software: Microsoft Office applications (needed); Minitab; Modelling programs (optional)
- Project management skills, and ability to prepare project plans.
- Ability to troubleshoot National Instruments LabView applications, and database systems desirable.
- Excellent communication skills (ability to relate to staff of all levels / disciplines).
Apply for Principal Engineer - Gas Turbine Filtration Division
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly