Technical Safety Engineering Lead (TA) - Spirit Energy
An exciting opening has arisen to join our Technical Function at Spirit Energy to lead our Technical Safety agenda. Spirit Energy is a newly formed European oil and gas exploration and production company operating in 4 different countries.
- Attractive salary plus excellent benefits
- Location: Aberdeen
Technical Safety Lead - What will your new role involve?
Reporting into to the Technical Director you will be responsible for ensuring best practice Technical Safety Engineering across our business - Capital Projects, Operations and Decommissioning while acting as our Technical Authority (TA1). Accountable for:
- Delivery and quality of all E&P technical safety work, providing proactive guidance and support.
- Provide expertise and support the implementation of the CMAPP, safety engineering philosophy and standards.
- Provides clear direction and assurance to compliance with statutory legislation in respect of Major Accident Hazard management including Safety Cases and COMAH reports.
- Ensure HAZOP, HAZID, HIRA, ENVID workshops are conducted and followed up in line with company standards and expectations.
- Manage the technical safety resource and managed service provision to deliver business plans for technical safety activities.
- Act as custodian of discipline engineering standards and Asset Engineering documentation and assure their compliance. Providing recommendations for approval of derogations / dispensations.
- Manage competence assurance for the Technical Safety discipline across Spirit Energy.
Technical Safety Lead - About You
We are looking for a true expert in the knowledge of Major Accident Hazard (MAH) practices and legislation, which would be underpinned by experience in a relevant discipline in the Oil & Gas or associated MAH process industries. To be successful in this role you will be/have:
- Degree Qualified with significant E&P experience, ideally Chartered
- Knowledge of relevant codes, standards and applicable regulations both statutory and company specific.
- Able to bring groups of diverse individuals together effectively
- Develop focused and high performing teams by influencing as may not directly manage all
- Challenges, supports and inspires others to achieve their full potential
- Drives innovative solutions and pace
- Provides direction and stretching objectives for the team
- Understands overall business strategy, and up-skills team to deliver
Spirit Energy is one of Europe's top independent oil & gas exploration and production companies. It was formed by a joint venture in 2017 between Centrica's Exploration & Production business and Bayerngas Norge.
We strive for high performance and embrace diversity. We support flexible working hours and part-time working. On top of that we also offer 12 flex days per year in addition to annual leave entitlement. Have you got Spirit?