Program Engineering Manager 124233BR
An Program Engineering Manager is required for Defence Targeting Toolset (DTT) Programme. This is a strategic role with responsibilities for improving the medium/long term engineering capability of the DTT Team. The two main focus points will be resource capability development and process development:
- Resource Management will include Strategic Resource Planning, Utilisation Monitoring, Recruitment, Individual Development and Coaching.
- Process Development will include Monitoring, Reporting and Oversight of the Agile process and Corrective and Improvement Action.
Working within the Cyber & Intelligence Business Unit, DTT provides users with a single source-of-truth in collation and management of targeting data, including consumption of data from external services, distribution and guaranteeing consistency; thorough audit capability of decision making; automatic generation of reports; and an increase in operational tempo.
DTT is an n-tier Rich Web Application, built on Service Oriented Architecture and comprising RESTful services. We work within an Agile development framework from a prioritised backlog, with daily stand-ups and regularly creating releasable builds.
Employees may also be required to work on other Defence Intelligence Solutions programs, either based in Harlow/Warminster, or through temporary basing at other Raytheon or customer sites
Generation and Monitoring of Metrics to enable Review and Improvement
Resource Planning and Development, including:
- Medium/Long Term Resource / Workload Forecasting and planning to enable the development of a World Class Software Capability
- Coaching and Development of Resources (including Career progression and Corrective Action where necessary)
- Recruitment activities such as interviewing for new members of the team
- Reporting of engineering progress and performance to programme & function management.
Oversight and Guidance on the Engineering process especially relating to Agile development
- Corrective Actions
- EVM Compilation
- You will have excellent person management skills with the ability to inspire and lead a team in a fast moving and complex environment.
- You will have managed development teams delivering complex, software intensive systems.
- You'll have great communication skills and be able to use them with senior managers, customers and peers alike.
- Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, Visio.
It would be advantageous to have experience in:
- Java Development
- Atlassian Tool Stack
- Agile Software Development
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37 hour working week with an early finish Friday. Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow and Glenrothes sites with free drinks (hot and cold) available
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I counsel and Reservist Network which all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate in.