Knowledge Transfer Officer (IPT-KT-2018-103-LD)
As Knowledge Transfer Officer in the Knowledge Transfer Group you will:
- Identify technologies and knowledge within the Organisation which can be transferred to other application areas, in particular through the creation of a start-up company; support the set-up of new CERN start-ups.
- Perform market evaluations and analyse business plans of potential CERN start-ups.
- Take responsibility for management of CERN's network of business incubation centers (BICs).
- Take responsibility for entrepreneurship related activities and contribute to the creation of a culture of entrepreneurship at CERN.
- Conduct studies to evaluate the impact of CERN KT in the Member States and beyond.
- Contribute to other key activities of the KT Group and Sections, including the Organization of internal trainings and the management of a few selected knowledge transfer cases.
Master's degree or equivalent relevant experience in the field of a technical or scientific domain broadly related to CERN's technical domains or a related field, complemented by higher education in business (e.g. MBA) or entrepreneurship.
- Demonstrated experience in the area of entrepreneurship development, ideally in public research organization.
- Demonstrated experience in support to start-up creation.
- Experience in managing innovation in industry, involving technology partnerships, such as technology licensing, collaborative R&D and/or open innovation.
- Previous exposure to intellectual property would be considered an asset.
- Entrepreneurship Development.
- Knowledge and technology promotion, marketing and commercialization.
- Managing Industry Partnerships.
- Fluent English: ability to understand and speak English in professional contexts as well as the ability to draft texts for publications and/or official communications and to make oral presentations.
- The knowledge of the French language or the willingness to acquire it rapidly would be an advantage.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States. (https://home.cern/about/member-states)
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 14.11.2018.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further