Engineering Manager – C4i Technology and Experimentation
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge.
Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
The purpose of this role is to lead and manage the Engineering team to ensure successful delivery of a portfolio of research & development and experimentation projects in support of the C4i area of business. The DPME will be accountable for project planning, execution and delivery to agreed time, cost and quality objectives. The role holder must have strong management and leadership capabilities coupled with a passion for overcoming the technical challenges associated with R&D and experimentation projects
- Planning of engineering projects including scope control, scheduling, cost estimating and resourcing.
- Management of technical risk.
- Utilisation of measures and metrics to provide objective status reporting.
- Identification and management of execution issues such that they don’t impact On Time Acceptable Delivery
- Provision of Technical governance using, where appropriate, independent technical review.
- Pro-active management of resourcing for the project portfolio
- Team support and development, including an ability to provide challenge, set direction and overcome issues
- Customer and stakeholder engagement/management
- Strong understanding and experience of developing Tactical C4i Systems and related products and technologies, or equivalent transferrable experience.
- Knowledge of the BOWMAN system is highly desirable.
- Demonstrate significant competence and experience practicing as an Engineer on relevant R&D, experimentation, and/or development projects.
- Experience of acting in a role managing the successful delivery of the engineering component of projects (or parts of projects).
- Demonstrate strong leadership and management skills with a track record of on-time, acceptable, delivery
- Significant demonstrable experience relevant to the knowledge and skills defined above
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.