Senior Mechanical Engineer - Spirit Energy
An exciting opening has arisen to join our busy Morecambe Hub Operations Team as Mechanical Engineer based with the Aberdeen office, supporting both on and offshore assets. Spirit Energy is a newly formed European oil and gas exploration and production company operating in 4 different countries.
- Attractive salary plus excellent benefits
- Location: Aberdeen
Senior Mechanical Engineer - What will your new role involve?
Reporting into to the Engineering Lead you will be responsible for the monitoring and management of system performance and ensuring reliable, efficient equipment. While collaborating closely with Technical Function you will be responsible for technical documents and manintenance strategies. Accountable for:
- The delivery and quality of all Mechanical equipment engineering work for operated assets and projects
- Hold the Mechanical engineering and brownfields capex budgets
- Mechanical engineering MOC's and resulting modifications; 'customer' for engineering Brownfield modifications projects and responsible for ensuring projects are delivered on time, to cost, and meet the asset requirement
- Providing clear direction and assurance to compliance with statutory legislation in respect of Major Accident Hazard management
- Act as custodian of Mechanical engineering standards and Asset Engineering documentation and assure their compliance
- Recommends and delivers Mechanical improvement initiatives and executes engineering studies on behalf of the asset
- Provide optimised preventative maintenance programmes for Mechanical equipment
- Manage relevant support contracts
- Accountable for ensuring performance standards are accurate and adhered to via the Inspection, Test and Maintenance programme
- Accountable for assuring regulatory compliance, adhering to standards and implementing industry best practice
Senior Mechanical Engineer - About You
You will have significant experience working in an operator / duty holder environment supporting operated assets, with the support of a contracting company. You will enjoy problem solving in a range of contexts from conceptual design to operational facilities while driving inovation and inspiring others to reach their full potentital. To be successful in this role you will be/have:
- Degree Qualified with professional accreditation
- Extensive knowledge of Engineering technical practices and legislation
- Good working knowledge and application of relevant UK oil and gas industry regulations
- Familiarity with quality process and application of continuous improvement tools is desirable
- Knowledge of all forms of engineering documentation
- Experience of supporting onshore terminals would be advantageous.
Spirit Energy is one of Europe's top independent oil & gas exploration and production companies. It was formed by a joint venture in 2017 between Centrica's Exploration & Production business and Bayerngas Norge.
We strive for high performance and embrace diversity. We support flexible working hours and part-time working. On top of that we also offer 12 flex days per year in addition to annual leave entitlement. Have you got Spirit?