Engineering Shift Manager
This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. And making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons.
We have countless skilled people working behind the scenes to keep our airport running smoothly. Engineers and technicians help us keep our passengers and planes moving. It’s meaningful, wide-reaching work. From water to energy, rail to roads, our engineering and asset management teams work across the airport on a huge range of development, construction, facilities management and maintenance projects; from our driverless cars to our biomass energy plant.
Join us as Duty Engineer, and you’ll have the chance to work on projects that shape not only our airport, but also the experiences of countless passengers. For these roles, we look for people who have had either Facilities Management or shift management experience. You will also need a Full UK driving licence.
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance, access to private health insurance. We also have a range of initiatives designed to help people in our surrounding communities get to and from work cost-effectively and sustainably, from free travel on local buses through to subsidised rail fares. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
Be part of the 78 million passenger journeys we make happen each year. An incredibly important part.
Your Role Will Involve:
- Accountability for the line management and leadership of a team of Technicians and Facility Inspectors including, mentoring, development and support. Ensuring required performance evaluations are completed, including resource coordination as required
- Ensuring that the team adhere to all company policies and procedures and reduce risk where possible
- Being responsible for ensuring the wider team is appropriately managed and trained to a competent level and that the skills mix is managed.
- Being responsible for the maintenance of all business unit assets through the direct contract labour resources and ensure standard methodology is applied
- Driving continuous improvements in asset performance, improvements in standards and the material state of the building fabric, welfare facilities and facilities appearance, ensuring look, feel and presentation meet and exceed expectations through regular inspections
- Being responsible for the management of Health & Safety, Quality & Environment for the respective business area by leading the safety culture through supporting the management of the accident, incident and near hit management systems
- Operational control of the permit and access management systems
- Developing and leading key internal and external stakeholder relationships and provide engineering support to the business unit in a manner to raise the profile of the department and make it central to the operation including representing the facilities engineering teams at the daily operations meetings
We're Looking for People Who Have:
- Full UK Driving Licence
- City and Guilds Level 3, ONC/HNC or above in an appropriate discipline
- A building service and or facilities management background
- Commercially aware
- Happy to work shifts and are flexible
- Team leader or supervisory experience
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to shine and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we proactively look to employ people who are as diverse as our passengers and all the people who live in our surrounding boroughs. It’s why we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – at Heathrow, we’re driven by inclusivity and we celebrate individuality. #LI-POST
More searches like this
- Aerospace & Aeronautical Construction & Building Services jobs in Engineering Manager
- Building Services Construction & Building Services jobs in Engineering Manager
- Maintenance & Service Construction & Building Services jobs in Engineering Manager
- Safety Construction & Building Services jobs in Engineering Manager
- Other Construction & Building Services jobs in Engineering Manager