Senior Manager (Cyber Security)
About Raytheon ACS
Raytheon ACS takes a strategic approach to cyber security, enabling organisations to optimise their network security investment while taking a proactive approach to protecting their most important information assets from potential threats. ACS provides organisations with the full life cycle of Information Security Services including SOC operation services, architecture and engineering, assessments, training, technology resale, and implementation and integration.
Our solutions include a combination of software, services and education to help mitigate information security risks that are a part of today's business world. ACS’ Virtual SOC offerings (V-SOC) are a next generation approach to traditional managed services. While ensuring all customer data remains on premise at their facilities we use our client's existing security infrastructure and integrate our US patent pending ATIP (Automated Threat Intelligence Platform) to identify critical Indicators of Compromise (IoC). This allows our customers to exploit our expertise where they need it most - in diagnosing and responding to real incidents occurring within their network infrastructure. Our incident response and forensics capabilities are exceptional and are used by many Fortune 500 organisations as well as a range of US Government agencies.
About the position
At ACS, we pride ourselves on having the most highly-skilled Security Professionals in the industry. The Senior Manager will report to the Director of ACS and be responsible for the programme management of both the professional service, and managed service resources.
The Senior Manager is a key person within the organisation, responsible for guiding several multi skilled work forces with unique disciplines in a single strategic direction. The Senior Manager will engage with multiple areas of the business such as Engineering, Commercial and Finance to manage stake holders across both internal functions and external customers to ensure resources, and delivery is being managed effectively.
As the Senior Manager of a Cyber Security business, you will be an authority on multiple Cyber Security domains which should span at least 2 of the following domains:
- Security Operations
- Red Teaming & Penetration Testing
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Business Resilience
- Threat Intelligence
The Senior Manager will manage resources effectively within the team and be able to coordinate multiple customer engagements and delivery within customer environments that may be geographically diverse.
In addition to managing resources, the Senior Manager will deliver growth of that workforce, overseeing recruitment, technology advancements and strategy of the ACS operations team.
Raytheon serve customers across the globe and as the Senior Manager, you will have the exciting opportunity to travel across Europe, the Middle East and North America.
Main duties of the position
Primary Objective: To lead and develop a multi-disciplined team of Cyber Security experts across both professional service and managed service engagements.
· Responsible for simultaneous engagement management and reporting
· Responsible for senior customer liaison
· Responsible for resource planning
· Responsible for personal development of team members
· Responsible for management of a team of VSOC and Red Team staff.
· Identify and resolve issues related to tool, process and environment selection
· Keep abreast of relevant technology changes and plan for new technology insertion
· Be recognised as being a subject matter expert in the field.
· Define the scope and drive the strategy for teams
Oversee and quality assure programmes of work being delivered by direct reports.
The suitable candidate must have demonstrable experience as a senior manager within either a Managed Service (MSSP) or professional services background within either a government or commercial environment and must have experience of managing large, complex teams.
Advanced knowledge of IT security best practice, common attack types and detection / prevention methods including:
- Web attacks,
- Malicious code,
- PII breach,
- Directory Traversal,
- SQL Injection,
- (D)DoS ((Distributed)Denial of Service)
- Experience with at least one of the following SIEM/NSM tools and the terminology associated with them:
- McAfee NSM,
- Trend Micro Deep Security.
- Significant Engineering team management experience
- Leading large teams
- Managing budgets
- Managing distributed resources
- Client Relationship Management
- Strong organizational and communication skills both written and oral
- Professional certification
- CISSP or Equivalent
- Experience of working with a variety of delivery models
- Previous experience as a security analyst within a SOC or pentester.
- Experience of strong client engagement at senior level
- Demonstrates the required gravitas and confidence to establish trusted client and internal relationships
- Previous experience of working within a commercial environment
- Exposure to IT service management best practices such as ITIL
- Experience with ISO27001 standards and ITIL framework
- Experience of mentoring or coaching members of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills for customer liaison
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
- A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team
- Ability to work under pressure
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
- Willingness to travel to UK offices as required and international travel within the EMEA and North America regions as necessary.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday
- 37 hour working week with early finish on a Friday
- Annual Bonus
- Car Allowance
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.