Junior Manufacturing Process Engineer
Junior Manufacturing Process Engineer
Salary dependent on experience, excellent benefits package
We're looking for engineers to help us develop state of the art audio interfaces, MIDI controllers, groove boxes and synthesisers. You are a quick learner with a technical or engineering based degree, ideally in technology manufacturing.
The Manufacturing Process Engineer role involves communicating across all engineering disciplines, handling all Design for Manufacture data (Electronics & Mechanical Designs, Bill of Materials, Quality Documents, etc), as well as providing direct engineering support to our external contract manufacturers, both in the UK and Far East. There are opportunities for travel to China.
You will need to work well autonomously, being able to take responsibility for delivering high quality results to the agreed deadlines. You will also work well in a multi-functional team, collaborating on new product development and the continuous improvement of our production processes and tools.
If you want to join a creative team, involved in the development of industry leading sound recording and music production equipment in an exciting company which is committed to grow and evolve, we would love to hear from you.
- Working as part of a growing Engineering team in close collaboration with the Electronics, Mechanical Design and Quality Assurance teams to support our New Product Introduction (NPI) Programme and ongoing production:
- Ensure the data released to our vendors and sub-contractors is of the highest quality, and clearly presented
- Build and maintain Bills of Materials (BOMs)
- Create and communicate engineering change orders (ECOs)
- Creating scripting tools to automate common workflows
- Cost analysis of materials and manufacturing processes
- Investigating new manufacturing processes and quality control methodologies
- Look after the prototype and pre-production build process:
- Handle UK and overseas component and PCB suppliers
- Handle internal and external resources for electronic and mechanical prototype assembly
Abilities and Experience
- BEng / BSc degree, preferably in a related engineering subject – Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing Systems, Music/Audio Tech, etc
- Industry experience would be advantageous
- Knowledge of PLM or PMS systems advantageous
- Self-motivated, driven and ambitious
- Strong personal leadership – well-organised, with excellent attention to detail
- Good analytical skills and critical thinking
- Good interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Natural focus on continuous improvement
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software – Excel, Word, etc.
- An interest in music, recording or audio would be beneficial
Incorporating the Focusrite, Novation and Ampify brands, we aim to enrich lives through music by removing barriers to creativity.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious and prestigious history. Alongside Novation and Ampify, the hardware and software that we develop plays a significant role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to contribute to a world where we’ve made a difference creating opportunities for everyone and anyone to enjoy creating music.
We embrace evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our business has a flat structure and is setup to enable everyone to contribute and be heard at all levels and at all stages of product development. We encourage innovation, fresh thinking and are passionate about creating great products.
Benefits include flexible working, home working, company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, employee purchase scheme, share options, company music events, offsite company parties and free breakfast/lunch in the canteen. We arrange company training sessions, hold making things easy days, encourage personal development training, run lunch and learns and facilitate external visits.
Focusrite is an equal opportunity employer, we are company of employees spanning a wide range of diverse backgrounds and we acknowledge that embracing our diversity is one of the keys to our future success.