Music Industry: Hardware (Electronics and Firmware) Placement
Hardware (Electronics and Firmware) Placement
We’re looking for a passionate, enthusiastic person to join our electronics hardware and firmware team for a year.
This is a vital role for the team and will provide the opportunity to get some hands-on experience in a wide range of projects and technical areas.
The core responsibilities of the role are:
- Taking responsibility for running and maintaining the electronics hardware lab facilities.
- Assembling & fault finding prototypes by hand, including soldering components and using CAD tools to aid the build process.
- Assisting Production Engineering Team to identify component alternatives for current product lines.
- Ordering, sourcing and maintaining stock of components/PCBs during all phases of development.
- Design work on new projects, including schematic capture, PCB layout and firmware development.
A successful candidate would be someone who can demonstrate a keen interest in working on hardware and firmware projects, preferably having worked on relevant projects of their own.
Doing a 12-month placement at Focusrite is like becoming one of the family. A rapidly growing, global family. We’re focused on providing opportunities for everyone and anyone to enjoy creating music.
Our placements are very popular, and that’s mainly because you can really get stuck in during your year with us. We don’t ask you to answer the phones and do the photocopying. We want you to help develop our products, market our brands, speak to our customers and make us better. A lot of our previous placements are now full-time employees.
All placements last for 12-months. We pay you £15k per year (£16k in London), and you get to share in some of the same benefits as our permanent employees; an employee purchase scheme, free breakfast and lunch, company music events, lunch and learns from across the business and external visits – we’re all about innovation, fresh thinking and creating awesome music making experiences for our customers.
Our four brands, Focusrite, Focusrite Pro, Novation and Ampify, come together around a common mission to remove barriers to creativity.
Focusrite is The Interface Company. That’s what it does. More people record and listen to their productions through Focusrite than any other interface brand. The Focusrite Pro division has been created as a distinct group, focused on serving the unique needs of commercial operations.
From the ubiquitous Launchpad 8 x 8 grid behind over a billion YouTube views, to the synthesisers behind a constantly evolving new musical landscape, Novation plays a huge part in shaping the music and art of tomorrow.
Born out of Novation and based in Tileyard, Kings Cross, Ampify holds true to our fundamental purpose, creating cool music-making software that brings the life-enriching experience of music making to a larger audience than ever before.
We work hard. We are professional. And we play hard too. We select really, really talented and passionate people. And we absolutely love our work. So if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please apply for as many of our placements as you wish.
Timetable for applications
Deadline to apply: Monday 7th January 2019
Interviews: February 2019
Offers made by: Monday 18th March 2019
More searches like this
- Design Software & Hardware jobs in Intern & Placement
- Electronics Software & Hardware jobs in Intern & Placement
- Manufacturing & Production Software & Hardware jobs in Intern & Placement
- Systems Software & Hardware jobs in Intern & Placement
- Research and Development Software & Hardware jobs in Intern & Placement