Music Industry: Product & UX Designer Placement
Product & UX Designer Placement
London, England, United Kingdom · Placement
We're looking for a Junior UX Designer to join our Ampify London Office. You’ll create amazing user experiences, covering interaction design, usability, visual design and much more. Ampify has a startup-oriented culture formed from other passionate designers, developers, product and marketing team members. The office is based at Tileyard, near King’s Cross, where you’ll be surrounded by some of the biggest names in the music industry.
- Design conceptual mock-ups and build detailed interaction experiences.
- Improve our design practices and product interfaces.
- Base your work on a deep understanding of our music-making customers.
- Draw on wider discussions from the design and music community to help shape the direction of our products and services.
- Deliver experiences that are fully featured and consistently enjoyable for our customers.
- You have a flair for user-centred design, creating wireframes, prototypes and user journeys.
- You can manage UX candidates and ensure that information gathered from them is unbiased, taking on board their suggestions while focusing on the relevant issues.
- You have a passion for design and usability.
- You can work through user needs, personas and market insights to come up with solutions.
- You can do hands-on work with developers, explain and defend your rationale, care about details and a happy team alike, challenge yourself and the team, research issues and integrate feedback.
- You have a passion for music making and a comprehensive understanding of music software and equipment.
Doing a 12-month placement at Focusrite is like becoming one of the family. A rapidly growing, global family. We’re focused on providing opportunities for everyone and anyone to enjoy creating music.
Our placements are very popular, and that’s mainly because you can really get stuck in during your year with us. We don’t ask you to answer the phones and do the photocopying. We want you to help develop our products, market our brands, speak to our customers and make us better. A lot of our previous placements are now full-time employees.
All placements last for 12-months. We pay you £15k per year (£16k in London), and you get to share in some of the same benefits as our permanent employees; an employee purchase scheme, free breakfast and lunch, company music events, lunch and learns from across the business and external visits – we’re all about innovation, fresh thinking and creating awesome music making experiences for our customers.
Our four brands, Focusrite, Focusrite Pro, Novation and Ampify, come together around a common mission to remove barriers to creativity.
Focusrite is The Interface Company. That’s what it does. More people record and listen to their productions through Focusrite than any other interface brand. The Focusrite Pro division has been created as a distinct group, focused on serving the unique needs of commercial operations.
From the ubiquitous Launchpad 8 x 8 grid behind over a billion YouTube views, to the synthesisers behind a constantly evolving new musical landscape, Novation plays a huge part in shaping the music and art of tomorrow.
Born out of Novation and based in Tileyard, Kings Cross, Ampify holds true to our fundamental purpose, creating cool music-making software that brings the life-enriching experience of music making to a larger audience than ever before.
We work hard. We are professional. And we play hard too. We select really, really talented and passionate people. And we absolutely love our work. So if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please apply for as many of our placements as you wish.
Timetable for applications
Deadline to apply: Monday 7th January 2019
Interviews: February 2019
Offers made by: Monday 18th March 2019