Technical Infrastructure Analyst – Exchange
5 days left
- Job Type
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
Perform a variety of professional, technical and analytical duties in the operation of the enterprise email and messaging client/server environment. Provide day to day support and customer interaction for break fix and troubleshooting issues including proactive maintenance for applications and services. A portion of time will be used to support the designs, analysis, plans and implementation of IT projects which includes considerations for data storage, virtualisation, collaboration, applications, operating systems and security as well as support processes.
- Analyse, detect, identify and correct technical problems and deficiencies.
- Service request completion. Including updating and communicating customers
- Determine proper installation parameters for software and hardware, for smooth integration, transition and efficiency
- Installation and configuration of software(s)
- Responsible for small project implementation and execution. Includes: defining project schedule, tasks, resource requirements and leading team members to ensure project is successful.
- Hardware support
- Operating System Support
- Application and recommendation of updates, patches and hot-fixes to systems
- Document hardware and software inventory
- Process and procedure creation and documentation
- Monitor and collect data on system performance
- Assist and train customers
- Perform physical clean-up of work areas
- Ensure that all devices meet or exceed Security and Corporate policy requirements
- Contribute to the design, implementation of new technologies
- Ability to research errors using online resources
- Self-maintain technical skill sets
- Contribute to the design, implementation and maintenance of the disaster recovery plan for IT related applications and systems
- Seek to identify areas of improvements to the IT infrastructure to meet evolving users and customer requirements, challenges.
- Develop key relationships. Work with third party vendors and peers from other General Dynamics Business units
- After hours support to ensure availability, integrity and introduction of new and existing services.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Technical knowledge in Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Skype for Business.
- In addition, technical knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
Blackberry UEM, Mobile Device Management, MS Windows Server and Active Directory, Office 365 & IronPort
- A degree in an IT related discipline or related field is preferable or College level education with significant background and experience in IT
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.