Head of Telecommunications Network Operations Centre (NOC)
- BUUK Infrastructure know that the greatest asset is our staff, and we are a company that our people feel proud to be a part of. The passion and commitment shown by every member of our team allows us to succeed in our mission statement – “To deliver consistently high-quality service to customers to earn their long-term loyalty to BUUK.”
- We have been recognised as a Great Place to Work
- We are the leading company within our industry and offer a rewarding and positive environment for our staff, ensuring that they are developed to the best of their ability.
BUUK operates next generation 'Open Access' fibre optic networks to new build residential and commercial developments across the UK.
The Fibre to the Home (FTTH) network provides voice, ultra-fast broadband and television to these new communities and businesses enabling them to prosper in this new digital age. Our aim is to bring a superior telecoms infrastructure to the UK. Our pure fibre infrastructure provides the ultimate telecommunications experience with end-to-end fibre optic cable, right into the home. Unlike copper networks where speed degrades over distance, fibre provides reliable speed into the home and the technology is future-proof. FTTH is more reliable, more dependable and faster than any available alternative.
We are recruiting for a Head of Telecommunications Network Operations Centre (NOC) to join our team based at our Office in Cardiff. The role of the Head of Telecommunications Network Operations Centre (NOC) is to lead and support the NOC team to ensure that the monitoring, alerting and operational procedures are carried out correctly across all the company’s wholesale voice and data products. This includes the ongoing review of maintenance and provisioning routines to ensure these are factual and relevant and assist the NOC in identifying and resolving any potential service impacting incidents. The Head of Telecommunications Network Operations Centre (NOC) is expected to lead the Incident Management and assist with the resolution and root cause analysis of any major service outages and process failures.
Responsibilities will include –
- Leads and manages the Telecommunications NOC teams. Drive Health & Safety initiates in to the fibre department to ensure the safety and wellbeing of its staff.
- Ensuring that the NOC team monitor and react to alarms and engage the Operational and Engineering support teams to manage service impacting incidents as they occur.
- Provide a management escalation point for all monitoring, alerting and operational procedural related issues.
- Ensure that all maintenance and change management routines are relevant, up to date, this will require working with key stakeholders across all operational and engineering teams.
- Review Business Continuity procedures and work with the NOC teams to complete these as and when required.
- Provide Major Incident support which includes providing information during an outage and any post-outage root cause analysis.
- Complete regular 1-2-1s and yearly appraisals with the team.
- Actively promotes a customer focused culture.
- Ensures all wholesale broadband and voices services adhere to required service levels
- Implement processes and systems that can be used to monitor and improve network availability
- Perform root cause analysis to identify and recommend operational changes.
- Plan network maintenance working with internal and external suppliers, looking to mitigate risk and length of any network outage.
- Coordinate NOC and Field Support personnel to ensure continuous operation of mission critical production systems.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the company’s network equipment and systems.
- Designs, implements and maintains work procedures and policies.
- Monitor process performance using a continuous improvement philosophy to meet the operational needs of the organisation.
- Demonstrate key leadership skills driving forward the BUUK fibre business.
It is essential that the successful candidate has experience in the following areas –
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a related discipline or have relevant experience gained in the industry.
- Has extensive experience working within the telecommunications industry, ideally within a telecoms/data service provider environment.
- Proven track record in leading and managing technical teams.
- Demonstrable experience of working with Senior Managers and Stakeholders to identify and transition new business processes into the NOC.
- Accustomed to working in a multi-vendor environment.
- ITIL Foundation.
- Network and Security Qualifications an advantage, specifically industry best practice (ISO Standards for Business Continuity and Security).
You would also be required to have the following technical understandings:
- Knowledge and experience of dealing with telecoms and data products, for example IP, MPLS, Ethernet and FTTH.
- Detailed understanding of architectures using PPPoE and IPoE to deliver broadband services and knowledge of End Customer broadband router solutions including knowledge on WiFi.
- Detailed understanding of architectures using SIP to deliver voice services across an IP core network.
- Understanding of Network Management systems used to both network and home devices.
- It would be desirable if you had a CEng or IEng qualification, or were working towards CEng.
Alongside this we would expect the Head of Fibre Operations to have the ability to perform well under pressure, with sound decision making ability and be able to adapt to a changing and evolving environment. You will be focused and task driven, remaining professional and taking responsibility of incidents, providing solutions with the aptitude to align technology with business strategy.
What can we offer?
Along with a rewarding and fantastic working environment, we offer a competitive starting salary, pension scheme and life assurance. We offer 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a corporate perk scheme, and an active social calendar with events taking place throughout the year.
To apply please apply online. For further details please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More searches like this
- Control & Instrumentation Software & Hardware jobs in Director & Senior Management
- Electrical Software & Hardware jobs in Director & Senior Management
- Electronics Software & Hardware jobs in Director & Senior Management
- Project Engineering Software & Hardware jobs in Director & Senior Management
- Systems Software & Hardware jobs in Director & Senior Management