Engineering Project Manager
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge.
Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
The successful candidate will be a key member within the Engineering Management team, prepared to lead a multi-disciplined team across a range of domains within the Project Life-Cycle.
The role will Project Manager the delivery of complex Engineering solutions in support of an Armoured Vehicle development and Production Programme within schedule, cost and technical targets.
- Establish and agree scope for allocated Projects clearly identifying dependencies, activities and deliverables within the context of the wider Programme. Assign and authorise scope, schedule and budget to Work Package managers
- Establish and maintain input into the Integrated Project Schedule for allocated Project
- Identify Project costs using suitable Basis of Estimates, Forecast, Monitor and Report, implement and manage cost changes. Be Control Account Manager for assigned Project accountable for delivery against agreed cost budgets.
- Review monthly reports, generate and report variance analysis, identify mitigating strategies and actions
- Generate Project reports in line with Programme recognised procedures
- Identify, maintain and mitigate project risks
- Responsible for Project interface with suppliers through the Supply Chain Management team, Leadership and Coordination of Engineering Activities, Engagement with Senior Management. Work effectively alongside the wider Engineering Project Management team
- An understanding of Engineering processes & principles and able to work with teams of Subject Matter Experts across a range of Engineering disciplines preferably within an Armoured Fighting Vehicle context
- Able to generate and understand cost control accounts for medium size and complexity Projects, able to apply Financial Management and Earned Value Techniques
- Ability to generate and present information about the Project to multi-disciplined team members
- A Project Management qualification such as APMP/ IPMA Level D or relevant experience
- A Risk Management Qualification or relevant experience
- Proven Experience of establishing and delivering a medium complex Project within an Engineering discipline
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.