Principal Hardware/EME Engineer
Principal Hardware/EME Engineer
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
Working as part of a programme team, the role of Hardware/Electromagnetic Environmental Effects Engineer is to design, develop, test and certify hardware solutions for avionics products that are ‘right first time’ designs and hence successfully pass qualification programmes. The individual will be asked to provide expert input into all product development programmes to ensure these outcomes are achieved. This input will largely support various avionics products, but on occasion will be called on to provide support across the Mission Systems UK business
- Undertake full responsibility for the execution of all the Hardware development activities, including EME, such as planning, design and testing of a Program and/or product
- Participate in the estimating process of a Program and/or product
- Take part in discussions with prospective customers to ascertain their requirements and provide appropriate guidance to arrive at a set of optimal requirements
- Conduct a Program level EME Integration and Analysis Study and produce a Report
- Develop product specific EME design guidelines and produce an EME Design Control Plan
- Lead design efforts and provide design advice and analysis
- Participate in electrical and mechanical technical reviews
- Identify risk areas and coordinate/conduct design verification test activities
- Create formal EME test plans and procedures - tailored for the project
- Perform EME qualification testing and generate a test report
- Make recommendations on test procedures and test methods improvement
- Trouble-shoot test failures and anomalies to determine root cause(s)
- Provide technical leadership to determine appropriate fixes when a test failure occurs
- Provide progress updates to the EME and Product/Program Team Lead(s)
- Perform other related duties as required.
Breadth and depth of competence in Hardware and EME Engineering, specifically with expertise in designing for:
- Electromagnetic Compatibility/Interference (EMC/EMI)
- Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP)
- Lightning Effects (LE)
- Electrostatic Discharge (ESD)
- Power Quality (PQ)
- Radiation Hazards (RADHAZ)
- Radio Cosite/Collocation Performance
- Antenna Modelling & Simulation on Platforms
- Signal Integrity (SI) Design and Simulation
- TEMPEST (EMSEC)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Degree in a relevant Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or IT discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Demonstrable experience & competence in design, development and delivery or complex Hardware/Software based Avionics Systems and Products.
The candidate will have excellent experience of developing avionics hardware solutions, or solutions that provide equivalent experience, in particular competence with design simulation and modelling tools is essential
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.
More searches like this
- Control & Instrumentation Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Design Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Electronics Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Project Engineering Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Systems Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager