Raytheon UK has an opportunity for an experienced Product Owner to provide customer engagement, product and service design and delivery capability to our Airborne ISR business and customer projects. This is an exciting opportunity to bring your experience as a Product Owner into a team that is early in its adoption of an agile process. You will use your experience to assist the development team in adopting Scrum principles whilst enabling the developed software to meet our regulatory requirements as a Design Approved Organisation Scheme (DAOS) authority. Specifically, the role will involve taking ownership of the definition and delivery of user requirements for our present and future range of significant customer delivery projects. It will also involve a significant amount of engagement with project colleagues and end customers to ensure that the resultant deliveries are fit for their intended purpose.
The role will be based at our Lincoln site, but will involve frequent travel to our Manchester facility.
Provide a Product Owner role for one or more projects delivered by Raytheon under an applications framework. Specifically the role will call on the individual to:
- Create and deliver the vision, strategy and roadmap of your product(s).
- Work consultatively in Agile Development Teams, forming the bridge between customer requirements and technical delivery capability.
- Acquire suitable knowledge of the underpinning business need.
- Owns the product backlog.
- Passionately articulate your vision of what is to be built, clearly defining your priorities.
- Convey that vision to the Agile Development Team(s) and work with that team to continue to shape and inform that vision.
- Ensure backlog items are clearly expressed, understood, have value and priority.
- Ensure transparency into the upcoming work of the Agile Development Team.
- Determine whether a product backlog item has been satisfactorily delivered.
- Take a data driven approach to change wherever possible.
- Push your team(s) to deliver early and often, closing your feedback loops as quickly as possible.
- Inform the journey to service.
In support of these duties, we would expect the individual to:
- Assess, plan, manage and prioritise user and customer requirements.
- Optionally perform feasibility analysis, scope projects, and work with the project management team to prioritise deliverables and negotiate on product features.
- Work with the Customer and End-User community to elicit requirements.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to assess information needs and functional requirements e.g. functional requirements, Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs.
- Display strong analytical and product management skills to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community and project delivery team.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Work closely with development team colleagues and project organisations to execute implementations to maximum effect.
- Participate actively in Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functional Testing.
Essential Requirements, Skills & Experience:
- Formal Agile and Scrum training and demonstrable experience in the Product Owner role.
- Suitable tooling experience, e.g. DOORS, Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Sound understanding of the fundamentals of iterative and time boxed developments including understanding the value of this method in relation / comparison to waterfall processes and methodologies. (e.g. Visualising progress, Retrospective formats, handling bugs etc).
- Strong practical understanding and experience of the fundamentals of Agile software development processes and procedures.
- Strong delivery ethos, backed up by evidence.
- Excellent customer relationship management, communication and mentoring skills. The ability to converse on both technical and non-technical levels.
- A high level of business acumen and ability to both quickly acquire a deep understanding of customer needs and how these may be best satisfied.
- Strong interpersonal skills, proactive, self-motivated, logical and objective.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and mentoring skills.
- Product owner certification by recognised body, such as Scrum Alliance.
- Eligible for or holder of current SC security clearance (Raytheon will sponsor as required)
Desirable Requirements, Skills & Experience:
- Experience of scaled Scrum using Large Scale Scrum (LeSS) or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, FDD etc.
- Knowledge or experience with Agile techniques: User Stories, Story mapping, TDD, BDD, Contimuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Continuous Delivery, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Basic understanding of common software development principles and practices.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
- A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
- Willingness to travel if required
More searches like this
- Aerospace & Aeronautical Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Manufacturing & Production Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Project Engineering Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Research and Development Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer