Scrum Master 121843BR
Raytheon UK are looking for an experienced Scrum Master to join our existing and expanding mission system software team within our Airborne ISR business. This is an exciting opportunity to bring your experience as a Scrum Master into a team that is early in its adoption of an agile process. You will use your experience to assist the development team in adopting Scrum principles whilst enabling the developed software to meet our regulatory requirements as a Design Approved Organisation Scheme (DAOS) authority.
The role will be based at our Manchester site, but will initially involve 2/3 per days week at our RAF Waddington facility (Lincoln) during project start up.
- Coaching the development teams in Scrum principles, self-management and cross functionality.
- Coaches the project stakeholders (including our MOD customer) on the Scrum Framework and agile principles.
- Facilitate daily scrum meetings.
- Removing impediments and barriers to the development team’s progress.
- Maintain sprint measures.
- Building a trusting, transparent and just environment.
- Active Scrum Master role experience within a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices and theory.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with widely used Agile techniques including, User stories, Planning poker, Continuous Integration and Automated Testing.
- Good skills and knowledge of facilitation, conflict resolution and continual improvement.
- Min 2:1 degree in a computer science or related subject
- Scum master certification by recognised body, such as Scrum Alliance.
- Eligible for or holder of current SC security clearance (Raytheon will sponsor as required)
- Experience of scaled Scrum using Large Scale Scrum (LeSS) or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server (Reporting and Metrics extraction).
- Basic understanding of common software development principles and practices.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
- A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
- Willingness to travel if required
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cyber security solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 96 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites with free snacks & drinks (hot & cold) available at others
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I council, Reservist Network etc. and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.