Project Controller (Scheduler) AISR 122893BR
Summary of Role
Raytheon UK are looking for a Project Controller to join the Integrated Project Team providing Project Planning, Risk Management, and Earned Value/budget control support including the creation and analysis of variance analysis data to support the programmes in reporting and key decision making.
- Responsible for integrity of the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) ensuring that all activities, events and milestones are logically linked and fully resourced with labour hours, materials and subcontract payments.
- Perform analysis such as critical path, schedule risk analysis and Earned Value variance root cause analysis.
- Maintain the IMS as required (weekly/monthly), and aligned to the fiscal calendar and provide an accurate Cost to Complete (EAC) for financial reporting.
- Support the Programme Manager with analysis of trend data and provision of metrics for review at Programme Review Boards.
- Ensure contractual and programme baseline control management is adopted to to ensure the IMS maintain a true and realistic baseline.
- Support the Integrated Project Team on the use and analysis of EV data.
- To monitor the Programme Timesheet Bookings to ensure accurate cost collection.
- Support to the Programme Manager, CAMs and Programme Accountant to establish budget authorisations.
- Monthly collation and analysis of finance data such as schedule derived Estimates To Complete (ETCs).
- Support the development of Programme Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and Organisational Breakdown Structures (OBS) to ensure effective cost and schedule reporting.
- To support Bid and Proposal activities through the collation and transfer of Basis of Estimates into the Pricing Team Ensure consistent application of approved best practice processes and tools across Raytheon UK such as IPDS (Integrated Product Development System) and Risk & Opportunity Management
- Facilitation of Programme Risk Review Boards (Internal and External), risk identification, documentation and risk analysis, in line with the RTN UK Risk Management Process, including the tracking of mitigation and capture plans.
- Travel to other Raytheon Sites (UK & USA) may be required.
- Experience of working in a Project / Programme Management / Control environment.
- Experience of Microsoft Project EPM 2010, and other Microsoft Office applications (Excel. Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to support and guide Programme Managers and their Teams Ability to multi-task, with good written and verbal communication skills across all levels of the business.
- Ability to work with diverse project teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to support, guide and influence project teams to ensure programmes are set up in accordance with Raytheon standard practices and processes.
- Commercial and Business awareness in a complex projects environment.
- Eligible for or Holder of current SC security clearance (RSL will sponsor as required).
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Experience of working with complex systems engineering type programmes.
- Working knowledge of Risk Management Processes.
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM).
- Experience of working within the Defence Industry.
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cyber security solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 96 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 9 day fortnight (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I council, Reservist Network etc. and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.