Senior Aircraft Mechanical Systems Design Engineer 102789BR
The Aircraft Mechanical Systems Design Engineer roles are required to undertake a number of positions at varying levels within the Design Team of Raytheon, Airborne ISR . The roles will support structural and mechanical design and repair activities in support of aircraft modification programmes within Raytheon Systems Limited, Airborne ISR based at RSL Broughton. These positions require knowledge and experience of design lifecycle management in aircraft programmes , engineering management practices and processes, mechanical systems design and design for manufacturing. The successful candidates will be part of the growing Airborne ISR Team which delivers aviation engineering expertise across a wide range of projects to both military and civil customers worldwide.
Summary of Role:
The Senior Aircraft Mechanical Systems Design Engineer will be part of a multi-disciplinary team based at Broughton near Chester and report to the Head of Mechanical Engineering, within Raytheon Airborne ISR.
- Taking ownership of aircraft modification packages throughout the entire design lifecycle
- Developing modification proposals with OEMs for Aircraft structural and mechanical modifications and enhancements.
- Progressing structural and mechanical design modifications in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Production of and technical reviewing of the aircraft document set.
- Analysis of structural and mechanical flight systems design issues, determination of actions and solutions.
- Progressing Customer tasking through to completion, identifying risks and opportunities.
- Liaison with OEM’s on defect investigations and corrective actions.
- Managing modifications to aircraft by planning and administration of the design Processes.
- Providing structural and mechanical design knowledge.
- Liaising with Systems, Avionics and Stress Engineers and coordinating subcontractors and Drawing Office activities.
- Dissemination of data to all interested parties.
- Ensuring that all engineering activities undertaken are conducted in accordance with Raytheon UK and site procedures that reflects best practice and is in accordance with Raytheon UK and the relevant governance agencies procedures.
Education and Experience
- Proven experience in Aircraft and aircraft systems structural design & engineering.
- Working experience of requirements capture & management and risk management.
- Working experience of aerospace design regulations.
- Eligible for or Holder of current SC security clearance (RSL will sponsor as required)
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cyber security solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 96 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with a 9 day fortnight (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I council, Reservist Network etc. and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.