Senior Automation Test Engineer 116224BR
The Defence Targeting Toolset (DTT) Programme is seeking senior and mid-level software testers to join its software development team. In the final stages of enhancements to the first release of functionality, we are looking for additional testers to onboard and prepare for building the forthcoming second increment.
About Raytheon UK:
Raytheon UK is the UK arm of Raytheon Company, a technology leader specialising in defence and cybersecurity and providing capabilities in command, control, communications, computing, cyber and intelligence (C5I). With facilities in England, Scotland and Wales, and more than 1500 employees, we are a major technology exporter to more than 40 countries, including the U.S.
Sitting within the Information Exploitation section of the Cyber and Intelligence Business Unit, DTT provides users with a single source-of-truth in collation and management of targeting data, including consumption of data from external services, distribution and guaranteeing consistency; thorough audit capability of decision making; automatic generation of reports; and an increase in operational tempo.
DTT is an n-tier Rich Web Application, built on Service Oriented Architecture and comprising RESTful services. We work within an Agile development framework from a prioritised backlog, with daily standups and regularly creating releasable builds.
About the Location(s):
The existing development team are based in both our new office in the Harlow Enterprise Zone, and in the laboratory at the customer MoD site in Warminster. This position will be based at Harlow and candidate will be expected to travel to Warminster as required.
Our ideal candidate must have demonstrable experience in automated testing of enterprise-grade Object-Oriented Java applications, including integration with middleware and RDBMS, third-party/open source libraries and handling problems of concurrency and scalability. You will have worked and thrived in an Agile environment, knowing and committing to the responsibilities of an Agile tester; you will be able to show your dedication to delivery.
You'll have great communication skills and be able to use them with senior managers, customers and peers alike. You will have a desire to share what you know and guide and lead junior testers and your peers, taking ownership of problems and creating high-quality, comprehensively tested solutions. You'll also be able to review other test solutions, thoroughly, in depth and in detail taking a systems view. You'll be passionate about technology and test, keeping yourself up to date with changes across the industry and with ideas for how to use them.
About the Position:
This position is to design, build, test and deploy effective test automation solutions. Through the application of appropriate automation technologies to meet the short- and long-term goals.
In this position you will be responsible for creation, execution and maintenance of automated scripts. In addition the position is responsible for creating metrics and increasing test coverage using the automated systems. Implementing and developing automated test practices and test frameworks
Employees may also be required to work on other Defence Intelligence Solutions programmes, either based in Harlow/Warminster, or through temporary basing at other Raytheon or customer sites
As a senior tester, we will expect you to have experience in some of the following:
- Excellent core test skills
- Review of software requirements
- Preparation of test cases
- Execution of tests
- Reporting of defects Preparation of test reports
- Experience of software testing tools and automated testing (in-particular Selenium and Test Plant), setting up and creation test stubs and test scripts
- Experience in integration and test of large software environments and intensive programmes
- A software background (preferably Java) so able to understand where problems may arise
- Experience of testing with GWT web front end
- IT knowledge of infrastructure would be advantageous (e.g. server configure, general networking familiarity, and active directory)
- Web Services
- SQL Server
- Test data Services
- Database Schema Testing
- Persistence Framework Testing
- HTTP/Restful Services REST tests using SOAP UI
- UI testing
Techniques, Concepts or Methodologies:
- Scrum and/or Kanban (or other Agile frameworks)
- OO Design and UML
- OO Design Patterns and/or Enterprise Design Patterns
- Enterprise Service Bus
- Continuous Integration (and, optimally, Continuous Deployment)
- DevOps (including DevSecOps, or other Dev*Ops variant)
- Mapping, Geolocation, Symbology and Geographic Information Systems
Tools (particularly if you have any experience in an administrative role):
- Zephyr Test Management plugin for Jira (or other Test Management tools)
- TeamCity (or Hudson, CruiseControl, or other Continuous Integration tools)
- Atlassian JIRA (or other Issue Tracking tool)
- Subversion (or Atlassian Bitbucket, Git, or other Source Code version control tools)
- Atlassian Crucible/FishEye (or other Code Review tools)
- Open Source libraries and APIs
You will also need to either hold, or be able and willing to obtain, SC-level Security Clearance, which the Company will sponsor for the successful candidate.
More searches like this
- Automation Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Design Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Systems Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Other Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Research and Development Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer