Senior Systems Engineer
Summary of Role
A Senior Systems Engineer is required for Defence Targeting Toolset (DTT) Programme. You will initially be supporting the final stages of enhancements to the first release of functionality, and building the forthcoming second increment. Working within the Information Exploitation section of the Cyber & Intelligence Business Unit, DTT provides users with a single source-of-truth in collation and management of targeting data, including consumption of data from external services, distribution and guaranteeing consistency; thorough audit capability of decision making; automatic generation of reports; and an increase in operational tempo.
DTT is an n-tier Rich Web Application, built on Service Oriented Architecture and comprising RESTful services. We work within an Agile development framework from a prioritised backlog, with daily standups and regularly creating releasable builds. Employees may also be required to work on other Defence Intelligence Solutions programmes, either based in Harlow/Warminster, or through temporary basing at other Raytheon or customer sites
Technical manual development, including authorship, sub-contract management and customer liaison.
• Systems requirements management, including requirement traceability and VCRI creation using the DOORS requirements database.
• Systems support to IV&V, reviewing test coverage, compiling evidence of compliance and generating reports.
• Development of system design approaches for new requirements and defect resolution, including requirement analysis, impact assessment (including safety and security), UI design, creation/revision of design documentation (including some EA-based design), support to Software.
• Work within Agile software development team to support rapid, high frequency release process, using the Jira development tool.
You will have demonstrable experience across the systems engineering lifecycle from developing and managing requirements to reviewing test plans and coverage; generating compliance reports.
You'll have great communication skills and be able to use them with senior managers, customers and peers alike..
As a senior systems engineer, we will expect you to have experience in some of the following:
Tools (particularly if you have any experience in an administrative role):
Atlassian JIRA (or other Issue Tracking tool)
Microsoft Office - Word, xExcel, Powerpoint, Project, Visio.
Adobe Acrobat Pro
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37 hour working week with an early finish Friday. Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow and Glenrothes sites with free snacks and drinks (hot and cold) available
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I counsel and Reservist Network which all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate in.