Lab Engineer 124563BR
Summary of Role
An engineer is required for Defence Targeting Toolset (DTT) Programme ‘BattleLab’ facility.
DTT is an n-tier Rich Web Application, built on Service Oriented Architecture and comprising RESTful services. We work within an Agile development framework from a prioritised backlog, with daily standups and regularly creating releasable builds. Employees may also be required to work on other Defence Intelligence Solutions programmes, based in Warminster, or through temporary basing at other Raytheon or customer sites
The engineer will assume responsibility for day to day operation of the lab, with responsibility for:
- Configuration of the computer network
- Maintaining service records and software licences
- Scheduling replacement of obsolescent equipment
- Application of operating system patches
- Determine where attached systems obsolescence issues will impact the lab
- Ensuring electrical safety and regular checks of the equipment and rackingMaintaining PAT test register and liaising for MoD assets
- Minutes, support activity and administration in support of the lab HSE committee
- Other tasks as necessary to ensure the lab remains fully operational and is correctly configured for DTT requirements
- Lab or IT support experience
- Networking configuration and trouble shooting
- Disk Management (configuring SCSI RAID sets)
- Help Desk Experience
- Infrastructure Design and Implementation
- Microsoft Server Administration
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 / 2008 R2 /2012 R2
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 / 2010 / 2013
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Group Policy Management
- VMWare virtualisation
- Hyper-V virtualisation
- ESRI ArcGIS Server
- Hardware repair e.g. disk replacement etc.
- Backup solutions
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37 hour working week with an early finish Friday. Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow and Glenrothes sites with free drinks (hot and cold) available
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I counsel and Reservist Network which all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate in.