Off Wing Mechanic
Off Wing Mechanic - Heathrow
Innovate & Power the world
We deliver the best jet engines in the world. Through intelligent innovation and active collaboration, we're putting our customers at the forefront of the aviation industry - and we keep them there. Our product portfolio powers more than 35 types of commercial aircraft, and with over 13,000 engines in-service around the world; we're keeping the world flying.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
Due to the continuing growth and ramp up of engine production at Rolls Royce, a number of new opportunities are now available for Off-Wing Mechanics. In this exciting new role you will be based at our state-of-the-art London Heathrow Service Centre, working on many of our latest generation Trent engines at any one time.
As an Off Wing Mechnic, you'll be part of large team of highly skilled Mechanics and Engineers who thrive off working in a team environment and safety will be at the heart of everything you do. You will be working a 24/7 shift pattern covering weekends and bank holidays.
- You will successfully complete engine maintenance, modification and inspections in our workshops as well as on-wing at our operator's base. Note that this is primarily a workshop based role.
- You will carry out maintenance and inspection activities of a Line and Base variety across our engine types.
- Report directly to the Operations Manager.
- You will be a time-served apprentice or have NVQ level 3 in an Engineering discipline.
- You will have experience of carrying out line and base maintenance tasks and inspection of Gas Turbine Engines / components.
- You will have sound awareness of EASA Part 145 standards - a level of ability, competency and knowledge is required that will enable work towards and eventually achieve approval to complete Form 1 release to service, in line with regulations.
- You will have excellent process improvement skills.
- You will demonstrate perseverance, initiative, flexibility and self-motivation.
Pioneer the performance of the future. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We offer excellent opportunities to develop, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
We are pioneers of power. At Rolls-Royce we impact the world by being free to innovate, explore and be brilliant. Our excellence today, builds on our strong heritage and makes us advance "Beyond Tomorrow".
We are an equal opportunities employer