The British Antarctic Survey (BAS) is looking for an Electrical Engineer to join the Estates Team. The role will provide engineering support to BAS Estates during the design, build and commissioning of the Rothera Modernisation Project. The post holder will also be required to assist in the management of BAS electrical and power generation systems across all stations and BAS Cambridge.
We are looking from someone with a proven track record in electrical engineering project management and design. You will need knowledge of building systems including control systems, CHP and power generation systems. We are looking for someone with the ability to interpret drawings and perform complex engineering calculations and make technical assessments by evaluating site information and data.
This is an exciting and diverse opportunity which will involve work at BAS Headquarters in Cambridge as well as deployment South when required.
To provide engineering support to BAS Estates during the design, build and commissioning of the Rothera Modernisation Project.
To assist in the management of BAS electrical and power generation systems across all stations and BAS Cambridge
This post will require the holder to spend up to 0-120 days per year in Antarctica for 3 of the 4 years and up to 300 days in 1 of the 4 years.
Relevant Engineering Degree, HNC or extensive experience.
• BAS Estates point of contact for the design, installation and commissioning of the Rothera Services Strategy.
• Electrical commissioning lead for all Estates projects.
• Responsible for ensuring a smooth project handover to the station FM team.
• Working closely with the BAS PMO, provide technical advice and support to BAS projects answering TQ’s and RFI’s as required.
• Responsible for power generation delivery, including renewables.
• To ensure that all works are carried out in accordance with the documented BAS procedures.
• To ensure that the BAS Health & Safety policy is implemented, including carrying out risk and COSHH assessments making sure that safe working practices are promoted and implemented.
• To ensure that the BAS environmental policy is adhered to.
• Design, procure & manage small projects.
• Any other duties as required by the Director of BAS.
On-line application forms and further information are available on our website via the Apply button.