(Senior) Electronics System Engineer
The Formula 1 Research and Development department are tasked with producing a wide range of customised or bespoke solutions to support the timing, televising and organisation of Formula 1 events.
The role is focussed on seeing designs through the complete lifecycle, from requirements capture through to deployment and support.
You will need to be able to architect electronic systems, lead technical teams, understand project management principles, interface with internal and external stakeholders, and yet also be able to support and, where necessary, debug electronic systems out in the field.
You should be prepared to research and quickly learn new technologies, processes, strategies and tools to meet the project requirements.
As well as project work, there will be a need to hold discussions with potential external suppliers. You will organise and conduct tests and demonstrations of potential solutions to enhance the Formula 1 output.
Both Engineers and Senior Engineers will be considered to find the right fit for the role.
- Educated to degree level in an engineering discipline, preferably within electronics
- Strong background in the engineering domain, with experience in electronic systems development and support, especially full lifecycle
- Excellent communication skills, being able to tailor information to the target audience
- Good planning skills, including the ability to prioritise and multi-task effectively
- Key areas of experience include Python, C, Linux and schematic capture/PCB Design
- Be highly motivated and flexible to change
- Calm, logical approach to problem solving
- Operate effectively in a high pressured and challenging environment, yet have a methodical and structured approach to work
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Hold a valid EU driving licence
- Be willing to extensively travel internationally (organised by the company), largely based on the Formula 1 calendar