Digital Design Engineer
Summary of Role
Raytheon UK develops a diverse product portfolio ranging from Air Traffic Control Systems to bespoke personal tracking solutions at its UK facilities. Utilising design tools such as the Xilinx VIVADO design suite and Mentor Expedition your digital designs solutions will have to be integrated into wider systems.
The role will not be limited to firmware and Schematic capture and will require experience in board layout, manufacture and integration. Reporting to the Product Design authority you will be responsible for the end to end delivery of your design.
Working primarily within the Sensors business unit, this position of digital design engineer you will be joining an established development team working on a range of products in a technically challenging field.
- Design partitioning from the overall systems design into a digital environment
- Proven experience in implementing complex VHDL designs with a System Integrity requirement
- Ability to support your digital design outside of the design tool environment in the real world
- Experience of interfacing your design to established systems
- Experience in the design of PCBs accommodating high speed (up to 1 GHz) digital tracking
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Electronic Engineering or a scientific discipline or Systems Engineering
- Current holder of or eligibility to obtain SC level security clearance
- Experience in utilising both ASIC and EPLD designs within a single system
- Experience with interfacing to RF circuitry and high speed D/A /A/D conversion
- Ability to design support circuitry such as bespoke interfaces, including PIC and microcontroller development
- Understanding of the impacts of EMC and Environmental requirements on your design
- Designing for volume production
- Must have strong people and influencing skills that can be applied at all levels
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37 hour working week with an early finish Friday. Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow and Glenrothes sites with free snacks and drinks (hot and cold) available at others
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I counsel and Reservist Network which all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate in.