Primary Purpose of this position
To provide significant technical input to the design, implementation and testing, leading to technical ownership of projects.
•Design of analogue and digital circuits.
•To take responsibility for the design and overall quality of the hardware, and provide leadership and guidance for junior engineers.
•Documentation of design specifications and implementation details. Take part in design reviews. Upholding of hardware design standards and methodologies.
•Realisation of complex system requirements to provide robust and reliable hardware solutions.
•Responsibility for the complete implementation of detailed technical items and an understanding/appreciation of system level items.
•Collaboration with other team members (including both hardware and software engineers) to agree system designs, interfaces and protocols etc.
•Development of appropriate test hardware and procedures, both informal and formal, to prove the correct operation of hardware.
•Provide support to manufacturing answering product queries & resolving technical issues.
•Provide support for the hardware and manage component obsolescence throughout its lifecycle.
•Monitoring and reporting of progress of development to immediate supervisor and development team.
•Proactively support company compliance to Health and Safety legislation through adherence to company polices, processes and practices.
•Ensure that all business activity is conducted in line with company values, policies and ethics codes of conduct.
•Undertake any other activity as reasonably requested by management
Knowledge & Experience:
• Degree qualified in Electronic Engineering/related subject (preferably at 2.1 Hons or higher).
• Experience of VHDL.
• Significant design experience in industry.
• Excellent knowledge of analogue and digital electronic circuit design.
• Ability to write comprehensive technical design documentation.
• Proven experience in handover and management of designs in production.
• Excellent hardware troubleshooting skills.
• Able to support/debug system integration
• Good knowledge of MS Office products
• Good communicator
• Use of Mentor Graphics schematic entry and PCB layout tools.
• Experience of C, preferably in embedded applications
• Support and perform software debugging.
• Design of circuits containing embedded processors and FPGAs
• High speed serial networks
• An appreciation of RF electronics
• Interfacing to high speed data converters
• Efficient DC power supply design
• Knowledge of Radar
• SC clearance
• Ability to work individually and in a team.
• Innovative thinker and problem solver.
• Ability to effectively research and solve complex technical issues.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work effectively with customer representatives from a variety of backgrounds, ranging from junior to the most senior levels whilst displaying a confident, polite and professional demeanour at all times.
• Good attention to detail.
• Flexible and adaptable
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 96 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
• 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
• Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
• 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
• Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
• Enhanced sick pay scheme
• Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
• 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
• Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I counsel, Reservist Network etc and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.