Software Engineer - Contractor 110923BR
Raytheon is seeking a talented Software Engineer to join an existing team to develop modifications and expansions to an existing Air Traffic Control Product. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, a quick learner, and able to work both independently and collaboratively in a small team environment.
The ideal candidate will have a relevant Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline and minimum 2 years’ experience OR possess the equivalence of 10 years direct experience in lieu of a degree
Key responsibilities for the qualified candidate may include:
• Defining software tasks development schedule
• Software architecture and design
• Software development both in the development and target environments
• Investigation into customer reported issues and fault finding.
• Experience of writing Software in C
• Must have demonstrated problem solving skills
• Must have demonstrated oral and written communication skills
• Must be able to perform all aspects of the software development lifecycle to include requirements definition and design”
• Experience with Real Time Operating Systems
• Experience with Code Composer Studio
• Experience of integrating Hardware and Software
• Experience of the DOORS requirement management tool
• Knowledge of Air Traffic Control products and services
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 96 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
• 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
• Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
• 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
• Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
• Enhanced sick pay scheme
• Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
• 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
• Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I counsel, Reservist Network etc and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.