Technical Project Manager
Ocado is seeking a Technical Project Manager to help manage, configure and commission the software and systems for automation projects in Ocado's Customer Fulfilment Centres (Warehouses). This includes the original facility in Hatfield, which is responsible for picking, packing and dispatching over 1 million items a day to online customers across the UK, and also the more recent CFC’s in Dordon, Andover and Erith.
What we'd like you to do:
- Manage multiple (usually 2-4) software development projects concurrently through the full project lifecycle.
- Analyse requirements and facilitate the delivery of software solutions in co-operation with Product Owners through the Portfolio Wall.
- Author and sponsor elevated pitches.
- Provide project reporting across different audiences across the business.
- Track project budgets & manage IT hardware delivery.
- Plan and orchestrate the commissioning and integration of the OSP CFC product into new CFCs
- Own and manage the RAID logs for all project phases.
- Manage the relationship between internal IT departments and external contractors, both on and off-site.
- Deliver & manage projects for CFCs nationally and abroad.
What You Need:
- Delivery focused with a strong Technical background, Computer Science Degree or equivalent
- Proven ability to lead Software Development Projects with full project lifecycle experience working on ground-up, in-house projects
- Some commercial experience working as or with a Business Analyst or a Developer
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organisational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with experience interacting with individuals at all levels including the executive level.
- Understanding of the Ocado OSP product architecture
- Knowledge of Ocado’s end to end warehousing process
What we can offer you:
Within our flexible work environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include a generous pension scheme, interest-free season ticket loan, free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and, of course, healthy Ocado staff discounts (and free delivery) across our Webshops including Groceries, Fetch, Sizzle and Fabled.
We also have Friday socials on the first Friday of every month, sports clubs such as badminton, running and table tennis (and much more), not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers.
Click to find out more about Ocado Technology and our recruitment process.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Ocado is an equal opportunity employer.