Junior Programme Quality Engineer
- Job Type
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
Reporting through the Operational Quality Assurance Engineering Lead to the Senior Quality Manager. This position will be responsible for monitoring, analysing and identifying possible improvements through all aspects of Operational Quality Assurance, but with particular attention to the adherence of manufacturing quality standards through process implementation in accordance with Company processes. May also include the development and improvement of Operational Quality Assurance Processes and supporting process improvement in other business areas.
- Ensure that Non-conforming products, services and processes are investigated and effective corrective and preventive actions are implemented
- Performing audits at agreed points in the project/product lifecycle.
- Providing support to Quality Engineers, Manufacturing leads, Programme Managers, Engineering and other business areas with regards to Quality as required.
- Attendance at selected key reviews in accordance with agreed plans, including reviews at sub-contractors when required. (Depending on size of development and risk)
- Review of key program/manufacturing plans and documents including sub-contractor produced documents.
- Support the development of internal processes to ensure that the Quality Management system operates effectively and to business guidelines
- Promote quality awareness within programs.
- Prepare quality reports, for internal and external purposes.
- Undertake analysis of defect findings to establish trends and conduct root cause analysis.
- Excellent communications skills (both verbal and written
- Knowledge of M/S Office tools
- Working Experience of ISO 9001/AS9100 Desirable
- OND/HNC in an Engineering discipline (Electronics/Mechanical)
- Experience of working in an manufacturing environment desirable
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.