AI Development Specialist
Innovate & Power the world
A unique opportunity has arisen for an AI Development Specialist to join Rolls-Royce R ² Data Labs in London.
We are at the heart of driving the digitisation of our businesses to produce better products and re-imagined services for our diverse set of customers and we are seeking AI professional to help us drive the next stage in the formation of a world-class AI & Big Data capability at Rolls-Royce. We have globally dispersed teams of data specialists, data scientists and an emerging AI core team that work in high capability teams, called cells, to discover, invent and deploy a continuous stream of business Value. Our cells are tasked with finding value from across our Civil Aviation, Power Systems and Defence businesses to then explore business viability and value through prototypes that either fails forward fast or transition to become our next generation business portfolio. With multiple internationally connected hubs of AI experts in anomaly detection, data mining, deep learning, computer vision, NLP, and machine learning, your role is to become an active contributor of the group to help it become a recognized world-leader in the use of AI/Big Data.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
This is a unique opportunity to explore and embed the latest techniques in Machine Learning (including Deep Learning) and Natural Language understanding across multiple industry sectors that will radically influence our design, manufacturing and after-sales services as we forge the next generation of intelligent power.
- Design, Code and Deploy AI enabled solutions for real world, large scale problems while challenging our current best thinking, test theories and evaluating feature concepts
- Build-out our world class AI, data science & research organization to develop industry leading algorithms that delivers transformational business value
- Utilise/advise on machine learning systems deployable across various projects including data pipelines, model generation, and training and inference engines while being an active member of sprint teams
- Advance the international recognition of Rolls-Royce as a thought leader in AI and an active participant in commercial and academic dialogue by representing Rolls-Royce in conferences and business discussions
- Provide hands-on assistance to sprint teams across our businesses on best use of AI and data wrangling, providing cutting edge expertise and understanding of the mathematical and artificial intelligence based techniques available to assist in making decisions from diverse datasets
- Serve as a go-to point for guiding the selection and coding of applied math and AI techniques that offer the most promise for solving a diverse set of commercial problems and opportunities
- BSc Degree in a STEM related subject (MSc/PhD is desirable) or equivalent
- Extensive programming experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Spark, Scala, R, and/or python
- Significant exposure and a deep hands-on knowledge of big data processing systems such as Spark & Hadoop (Hadoop Ecosystem Framework - Apache Beom, Spark, Pig, Hive, MapReduce & Flume Desirable)
- Excellent working knowledge of data mining tools such as R and Python, MXNet, Tensorflow, machine & deep learning, and data analytics
- Proficient in back-end integration, web services and Cloud interfacing (e.g. JSON, XML, RESTful interfacing)
- Experience with Deep Learning Frameworks for example TensorFlow, MXNet, Keras, Torch, Caffe, H20
We offer excellent opportunities to develop, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Pioneer beyond tomorrow. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer.