Trainee Patent Attorney
6 days left
- Job Type
WHAT EXACTLY DO PATENT ATTORNEYS DO?
At the core of the job is the preparation of patent applications on behalf of clients. This involves understanding an invention, distilling it down to its key features and then writing a very clear and broad-based description of it, such that a Patent Examiner will be persuaded to grant a patent. Around that core skill, a Patent Attorney will be called upon to advise clients on all aspects of patent procedures, on international patent protection and on effective patent strategies.
WHAT MAKES A GOOD PATENT ATTORNEY?
* A strong electrical/electronic engineering background to at least 2:1 degree level.
* An interest in and enthusiasm for science and technology.
* Good communication skills that can be adapted for clients from a wide variety of educational and commercial backgrounds.
* The ability to make confident judgement calls based on information provided
* A good eye for detail and accuracy.
WHAT MAKES THIS AN INTERESTING CAREER?
* The opportunity to apply your engineering degree or industry experience to a wide cross-section of clients and technologies.
* Continuing intellectual challenge - you never stop learning.
* Excellent career opportunities and financial rewards.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
Start date: September 2019
Starting salaries for all graduate trainee positions will be circa £28k plus benefits (and the pay scale rises rapidly and can reach circa £60k on qualifying). In addition, we will provide you with a structured programme of training and support to help you pass the qualifying examinations.
To apply send a cover letter, current CV and completed application form to the email address listed.
Apply for Trainee Patent Attorney
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly