VNS (UK) Ltd, is a recognised world leader in the area of remote handling for hostile environments and in support of continued strong growth seeks to enhance its core team by recruiting a Systems Engineer.
Systems engineering is an interdisciplinary field of engineering that focuses on how to design and manage complex engineering projects over their life cycles, including cost & schedule, requirements specification, design & implementation, manufacture, integration, performance testing, delivery, operation and training. Systems Engineering integrates all the disciplines and specialty groups into a team effort forming a structured development process that proceeds from concepts to production to operation. Systems Engineering considers both the business and the technical needs of customers, with the goal of providing a quality product that meets the user needs.
Oxford Technologies Systems Engineers support the more specialised teams of design, manufacturing, control electronics and software engineers with particular emphasis on the interfaces between the engineering disciplines, as well as the management of requirements, top-down concepts and customer liaison.
In co-operation with the Systems Engineering Team Leader, the appointee will be expected to maintain and progress the OTL systems engineering approach and methodologies, and to support projects from a systems engineering perspective, including clients, contracts and sub-contractors.
- Design Assurance
- Requirements and Interfaces
- Risk Assessments (including CDM)
- Cost Benefit Analysis
- System test program
- Delivery of remote handling solutions
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
The following are the minimum requirements:-
- Degree or equivalent qualification in an Engineering discipline.
- A good knowledge of complex electro-mechanical systems and an understanding of their associated engineering discipline.
- Proven ability to deliver and make presentations to large corporate clients.
- Proven ability to provide system engineering solutions for projects.
- An excellent working knowledge of English.
Experience in any of the following will be beneficial:-
- Development and delivery of complex electro-mechanical systems for the nuclear, aerospace, shipbuilding or medical sectors.
- Experience in the nuclear industry.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architect.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The position will be filled at Graduate Engineering, Engineering or Senior Engineering career grade with a starting salary depending on experience.
You will be eligible to join the company Stakeholder pension scheme to which the company contributes a sum equivalent to 5% of the annual basic salary. Other benefits include 26 days annual leave rising by 1 day per completed year of service up to a maximum of 31 plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays. Three days of the leave are used to allow for a Christmas shutdown. Bonus scheme, private annual health checks and professional fees are also part of the package.
This position is currently based in our Abingdon office, but will be in our new premises at Harwell from mid-December 2018 and is available immediately.
28th December 2018
Please submit your covering letter and CV below:
More searches like this
- Electro-Mechanical Nuclear Industry jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Electronics Nuclear Industry jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Mechanical Nuclear Industry jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Project Engineering Nuclear Industry jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Systems Nuclear Industry jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer