Electrical Electronics Design Engineer
VNS (UK) Ltd, now part of the VNS business, is a recognised world leader in the area of remote handling for hostile environments and in support of continued strong growth seeks to enhance its core team by recruiting an Electronics & Electrical Systems Engineer will report directly to and work under the guidance of the Lead Electrical, Control & Instrumentation Engineer in delivering solutions and developing a strong capability in the area of Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
The appointee will be expected to derive and deliver solutions for client remote handling applications over the full life cycle from requirements specification through design, implementation and development to manufacture, integration, commissioning, delivery and operation.
As a standard grade engineer, you will be expected to lead and work with junior engineers and technicians.
The appointee will be expected to manage electrical / electronic contracts and contractors.
The appointee will also participate in tendering for and delivery of remote handling related projects to clients as part of the designated project teams, by selecting the appropriate technologies to do each project.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
The following are the minimum requirements: -
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Electrical and/or electronics Engineering or related subject.
- 1-20 years of experience in detail designs and developing electrical / electronic machinery &/or electro-mechanical devices in application areas with significant regulatory controls, e.g. nuclear, space, medical.
- Proven ability to deliver and make presentations to large corporate clients.
- Proven ability in both project and personnel management.
- Proven ability to co-operate and work as a part of a team.
- Proven ability to know understand the concept of an encoder/motor commutation/servo-motor.
- An excellent working knowledge of English.
Experience in any of the following will be beneficial: -
- Qualification in 17th Edition of IEE regulations.
- Experience in electrical / electronic CAD software.
- Experience in control systems (design and fault-diagnosis).
- Leading a project.
- Understanding of the principles of safety systems.
- Basic understanding of LV supply.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
You will be eligible to join the company Stakeholder pension scheme to which the company contributes a sum equivalent to 5% of the annual basic salary. Other benefits include 26 days annual leave rising by 1 day per completed year of service up to a maximum of 31 plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays. Three days of the leave are used to allow for a Christmas shutdown. Bonus scheme, private annual health checks and professional fees are also part of the package.
This position is currently based in our Abingdon office, but will be in our new premises at Harwell from mid-December 2018 and is available immediately.
28th December 2018
Please submit your covering letter and CV below:
Apply for Electrical Electronics Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly