VNS (UK) Ltd is a recognised world leader in the area of remote handling for hostile environments, and in support of continued strong growth seeks to enhance its core team with the appointment of a Project Manager for technical projects.
The company delivers services and bespoke products to clients engaged in the application of remote handling to hostile environments, in particular in Nuclear Fusion, Nuclear Plant Decommissioning and High Energy Physics experiments.
The company is staffed by experienced and highly qualified professional engineers and has a reputation for delivery of results at the highest level of integrity and quality.
The Project Manager will report directly to and work under the guidance of the Programme Director whilst driving their project team towards successful delivery of engineering projects.
The successful candidate will be expected to take full responsibility for projects under their control and supervise the delivery of solutions for client remote handling applications over their full life cycle, from tendering & requirements specification through design, implementation and development to manufacture, integration, commissioning, delivery and operation.
They will also be expected to interface well with an international client base, be commercially astute and contractually aware and experienced in dealing with complex sub-contractor chains.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
The following are the minimum requirements:-
- Degree or equivalent qualification, preferably in an engineering discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in project management of technical projects, preferably in application areas with significant regulatory controls, e.g. nuclear, space, medical
- Proven ability in both project and personnel management.
- Proven ability to work as a team leader.
- Proven advanced skills with MS Project software.
- Proven advanced skills with MS Excel software.
- Proven ability to deliver and make presentations to large corporate clients.
- An excellent working knowledge of English.
Experience in any of the following will be beneficial:-
- Experience in nuclear industry particularly Fusion Industry experience
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
You will be eligible to join the company Stakeholder pension scheme to which the company contributes a sum equivalent to 5% of the annual basic salary. Other benefits include 26 days annual leave rising by 1 day per completed year of service up to a maximum of 31 plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays. Three days of the leave are used to allow for a Christmas shutdown. Bonus scheme, private annual health checks and professional fees are also part of the package.
This position is currently based in our Abingdon office, but will be in our new premises at Harwell from mid-December 2018 and is available immediately.
28th December 2018
Please submit your covering letter and CV below:
More searches like this
- Manufacturing & Production Nuclear Industry jobs in Engineering Manager
- Nuclear Nuclear Industry jobs in Engineering Manager
- Project Engineering Nuclear Industry jobs in Engineering Manager
- Other Nuclear Industry jobs in Engineering Manager
- Research and Development Nuclear Industry jobs in Engineering Manager