Rotating Equipment Engineer - Spirit Energy
An exciting opening has arisen to join our busy Morecambe Hub Operations Team as Rotating Equipment Engineer based with the Aberdeen office, supporting both on and offshore assets. Spirit Energy is a newly formed European oil and gas exploration and production company operating in 4 different countries.
- Attractive salary plus excellent benefits
- Location: Aberdeen
Rotating Equipment Engineer - What will your new role involve?
Reporting into to the Engineering Lead you will be responsible for the monitoring and management of system performance and ensuring reliable, efficient equipment. While collaborating closely with Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer and the Technical Function you will be responsible for discipline engineering support to the assets / asset maintenance engineers. Accountable for:
- Accountable for rotating equipment engineering budget, brownfields capex budget, holds asset accountability for ensuring project delivery is as expected against sanctioned business case, and brownfields work plans are integrated into the asset plans and supported by the asset operations teams.
- Accountable for rotating equipment engineering MOC's and resulting modifications; 'customer' for engineering Brownfield modifications projects and responsible for ensuring projects are delivered on time, to cost, and meet the asset requirement.
- Provides clear direction and assurance to compliance with statutory legislation in respect of Major Accident Hazard management.
- Recommends and delivers rotating equipment improvement initiatives and executes engineering studies on behalf of the asset.
- Provide optimised preventative maintenance programmes.
- Responsible for equipment performance including spare part management and warranty follow-up.
- Manage rotating equipment support contracts.
- Accountable for ensuring performance standards are accurate and adhered to via the Inspection, Test and Maintenance programme.
- Accountable for assuring regulatory compliance, adhering to standards and implementing industry best practice.
Rotating Equipment Engineer - About You
You will have experience working in a client / operator environment supporting operated assets, with the support of contracting companies. You will enjoy problem solving in a range of contexts from conceptual design to operational facilities while driving inovation. To be successful in this role you will be/have:
- Degree Qualified with professional accreditation
- Extensive knowledge of Engineering technical practices and legislation
- Good working knowledge and application of relevant UK oil and gas industry regulations
- Experience with centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, pumps, turbines
- Knowledge of all forms of engineering documentation
Spirit Energy is one of Europe's top independent oil & gas exploration and production companies. It was formed by a joint venture in 2017 between Centrica's Exploration & Production business and Bayerngas Norge.
We strive for high performance and embrace diversity. We support flexible working hours and part-time working. On top of that we also offer 12 flex days per year in addition to annual leave entitlement. Have you got Spirit?