Are you a Software Engineer who wants to join a leading cyber team within an evolving and dynamic organisation?
Due to the success of a number of strategic Gloucestershire based programmes, we are growing our Software Development team with creative and ambitious Software Engineers. With a primary focus on Java, your experience will cover different technologies within an agile environment.
As an organisation, we demand constant innovation, and have immediate opportunities for expert software engineers to design, develop and maintain a suite of applications.
Different thinking for a Different world
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in autonomous systems, cyber, C4ISR, strike, and logistics and modernisation to customers worldwide. In Europe, we are among the leading defence and security suppliers with 2,500 employees and long-established businesses in the UK, France, Germany, Italy, and Netherlands.
We are involved in a range of future game-changing programmes. Whether this is as a partner in the F-35 Lightning II providing the aircraft with its situational awareness and communications, as a specialist in cyber and intelligence datasets, as the pre-eminent provider of High Altitude Long Endurance unmanned aircraft, or as the ‘go to’ provider for open system architectures for battlespace networks, communications, and command and control, our reputation as an innovator is unparalleled.
How you will make a difference
You will be asked to support the team in scrum/agile development, software design, requirements analysis, conducting research & development on new software technologies and supporting the pursuit of new business.
Key criteria required...
- Experience in design, development, test and integration of quality software
- Has experience of designing and developing innovative software solution
- Has experience in Java and the use of object oriented design
- Keen to learn a broad range of technologies on the Java stack
Also, we’d love it if you have experience of...
- Current UK Government clearance
- Experience of UK Government working practices
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies, such as Confluence, Jira and Wiki’s
- Exposure to DevOps approaches and associated tools e.g. Bamboo, BitBucket, Stash & Jenkins
- Knowledge and experience with Nifi
- Technical exposure of Messaging Technologies
- Linux operating systems (Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server/CentOS)
- Experience across different programming languages, such as: Java EE, Python, C++
- Working experience across some of the following frameworks: EJB, JSF, Spring, JUnit, EasyMock
- Experience with open source products, e.g. Apache Foundation products.
If you can do all this and more, you’ll enjoy a growing career as we work hard to continuously innovate the world of cyber security.
Additional information for your consideration...
You will need to be able to hold and maintain UK Government clearances
Being a part of Northrop Grumman gives you the opportunity to use your skills to make a difference in our mission of enabling global security. Our company grows because of our employees' dedication and commitment to achieving our mission, something we always remember. In return for working for us you will have access to a benefits package that provides you with flexibility to balance your professional career with your personal life, health & well-being benefits, discount schemes, pension benefits and investment in your future development.
We are committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s protected status, including race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.