Lead Infrastructure Engineer
Are you a driven Infrastructure Engineer looking for a new opportunity where you can grow in a dynamic and creative team of professionals?
Are you interested in world of Cyber Security?
As an organisation, we demand constant innovation, and have immediate opportunities for ambitious engineers with experience across infrastructure solutions.
Different thinking for a Different world
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in autonomous systems, cyber, C4ISR, strike, and logistics and modernisation to customers worldwide. In Europe, we are among the leading defence and security suppliers with 2,500 employees and long-established businesses in the UK, France, Germany, Italy, and Netherlands.
We are involved in a range of future game-changing programmes. Whether this is as a partner in the F-35 Lightning II providing the aircraft with its situational awareness and communications, as a specialist in cyber and intelligence datasets, as the pre-eminent provider of High Altitude Long Endurance unmanned aircraft, or as the ‘go to’ provider for open system architectures for battlespace networks, communications, and command and control, our reputation as an innovator in unparalleled.
How you will make a difference
You will be working in a fast paced moving IT project environment and will be exercising skills to design, develop, configure, install and support solutions across infrastructure. This will include virtualisation, large scale environment builds and replication.
Technical and Organisational Responsibilities...
- Take full responsibility for large work packages and development activities;
- Take responsibility for Requirements Analysis and Definition for work packages;
- Understand the scope of customer requirements, and take responsibility for identifying Infrastructure design meets or is exceeding the requirement which may encompass software, hardware including networks and facilities;
- Identify changes to requirements which may provide an opportunity for additional stretch proposals;
- Perform low level formal design, designing solutions to the agreed cost;
- Act as the Principal Design Authority for a work package, providing technical guidance to more junior engineers during the production of Operational Concept Descriptions, Design Descriptions and Test Descriptions and during the Implementation phase;
- Act as the Principal Reviewer of other engineers' work; including design, test and user documentation as well as code reviews;
- Act as a formal Customer technical point of contact where required;
- Supervise a small team of engineers carrying out Infrastructure production and maintenance activities, ensuring they understand and comply with the published Infrastructure Production processes;
- Identify and suggest new infrastructure development tools and methodologies to improve efficiency of infrastructure development practices;
- Train more junior engineers in the use of available infrastructure development tools;
- Take responsibility for the design of a project's infrastructure environment;
- Take responsibility for the integration and configuration management of the infrastructure within a project;
- Liaise with other teams and departments to minimise duplication of effort and maximise knowledge transfer, keeping knowledge of product and project developments current;
- Carry out all above tasks in accordance with Northrop Grumman’s Quality System and published Infrastructure Production processes.
Also, we’d love it if you have...
- Experience with a different skill sets, such as: Windows Server Domain, Exchange, Sharepoint, Splunk, IDS, IPS, Cisco Routing, PFSense Firewalls and/or Multi-Site VPNs.
- Ability to work in a team to develop Cyber Range and Exercising solutions to a higher level.
- Experience in Cyber Range and Exercising.
- If you can do all this and more, you’ll enjoy a growing career as we work hard to continuously innovate the world of cyber security.
Additional information for your consideration...
You will need to be able to hold and maintain UK Government clearances
Being a part of Northrop Grumman gives you the opportunity to use your skills to make a difference in our mission of enabling global security. Our company grows because of our employees' dedication and commitment to achieving our mission, something we always remember. In return for working for us you will have access to a benefits package that provides you with flexibility to balance your professional career with your personal life, health & well-being benefits, discount schemes, pension benefits and investment in your future development.
We are committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s protected status, including race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.