Senior Test Engineer
Are you a Senior Software Test Engineer with experience across Automation engineering? If so, we are looking for ambitious and dedicated specialists to join our rapidly growing team in Manchester.
As an organisation, we demand constant innovation, and have immediate opportunities for expert software testers to work on a varied portfolio of projects.
Different thinking for a Different world
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in autonomous systems, cyber, C4ISR, strike, and logistics and modernisation to customers worldwide. In Europe, we are among the leading defence and security suppliers with 2,500 employees and long-established businesses in the UK, France, Germany, Italy, and Netherlands.
We are involved in a range of future game-changing programmes. Whether this is as a partner in the F-35 Lightning II providing the aircraft with its situational awareness and communications, as a specialist in cyber and intelligence datasets, as the pre-eminent provider of High Altitude Long Endurance unmanned aircraft, or as the ‘go to’ provider for open system architectures for battlespace networks, communications, and command and control, our reputation as an innovator is unparalleled.
How you will make a difference
You will be asked to support the team in scrum/agile development, software testing, requirements analysis, conducting research & development on new automation technologies and supporting the pursuit of new business.
There may be occasional requirements to work outside of standard office hours, either actively or on call, however notice will be given when this is the case.
- Evaluate existing manual Test Cases and identify opportunities for Automation.
- Translate business and technical requirements to comprehensive testable scenarios.
- Develop Test Plans and procedures for both black and white box testing of all components at the Unit.
- Module, System and Integration levels, performing risk analysis when required.
- Define and execute test activities either independently and within a team.
- Drive Test Automation efforts for all services including identification, design, implementation and support
- Identify gaps and opportunity to improve Test Automation capability to ensure coverage efficiency.
- Champion transition to Automated Integration & Testing solutions to reduce software time-to-market.
- Analyze current automation solutions, understand changing business needs, and propose strategies for the enhancement and/or migration to new Automation framework.
- Able to run investigations into root-cause analysis of failures, hardware or software, using the appropriate tools and recommend solutions to the relevant teams for resolution.
- A strong teammate, you will work in multiple environments as part of a collaborative and multi-functional team.
Key criteria required...
- Excellent problem-solving, interpersonal, analytical, planning and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team under pressure
- Experience in design, test and test automation of quality software
- Has experience in JUnit and Selenium
- Keen to learn a broad range of technologies to support Test Automation
Also, we’d love it if you have...
- Experience of UK Government working practices
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies, such as Confluence, Jira and Wiki’s
- Exposure to DevOps approaches and associated tools e.g. Bamboo, BitBucket, Stash & Jenkins
- Linux operating systems (Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server/CentOS)
- Experience across different programming languages, such as: Java EE, Python, C++
- Experience of UK Government working practices
If you can do all this and more, you’ll enjoy a growing career as we work hard to continuously innovate the world of cyber security.
Additional information for your consideration...
You will need to be able to hold and maintain UK Government clearances
Being a part of Northrop Grumman gives you the opportunity to use your skills to make a difference in our mission of enabling global security. Our company grows because of our employees' dedication and commitment to achieving our mission, something we always remember. In return for working for us you will have access to a benefits package that provides you with flexibility to balance your professional career with your personal life, health & well-being benefits, discount schemes, pension benefits and investment in your future development.
We are committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s protected status, including race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.
More searches like this
- Automation Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Design Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Quality Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Other Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Research and Development Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer