Project Planning Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Planning Engineer to join our Project Controls team within Civil Nuclear. Role can be based in Derby or Warrington.
As a Project Planning Engineer you will be responsible for supporting Project and Programme Managers in the development of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS). You will work with Project teams in the development and implementation of project schedules that provide an accurate reflection of project performance at a project and programme level.
Our civil nuclear business provides nuclear reactor vendors and utility operators with integrated, long-term support services and solutions spanning the whole reactor lifecycle, from concept design through to obsolescence management and plant-life extension. Safety-critical systems have been supplied to around 50% of the global nuclear power plants in service and we've been a key player in the nuclear industry for more than 50 years.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
- Liaise closely with Project Cost Engineers/Managers to ensure alignment between schedule, budgets and actual costs via structures and reporting tools.
- Ensure project plans and schedules are delivered on time and within the guidelines of the Rolls-Royce Group project controls processes and procedures. Ensure project plans and schedules are developed taking cognisance of project commercial and contractual requirements under various contract types.
- Provide a planning and scheduling focal point for project and delivery managers and supervisors.
- Manage and coordinate planning interfaces (Internal & External) and sources of planning information (supply chain, sub-contractors, etc.).
- Monitor and update Project schedules throughout the Project lifecycle, implementing managed change, providing robust reporting data to Project teams and supporting the development of risk mitigation and recovery plans.
- Develop, analyse and report data within an Earned Value Management System architecture and toolset - contributing to its continued improvement.
- Proficient user of Primavera P6 planning software and MS Office suite (Excel essential). Formal training certificates for Primavera P6 planning software.
- Demonstrable experience of working with other Project/Programme Controls personnel, managing the link between schedule, cost, quality and risk. Experience within a Project Controls function in a Planning role.
- Experience of working within multi-discipline teams and collaborative environments.
- Experience of working with Engineering/Design through Manufacture projects and programmes.
- Demonstrable experience of working within Nuclear, or similarly heavily regulated industries.
- Degree qualified in a suitable or applicable subject - Project Management, Engineering, Business, etc.
We offer excellent opportunities to develop, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Pioneer power for life. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer.