Senior Systems Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our Electronic Systems business unit at Rochester in the role of Senior Systems Engineer.
This is an exciting and challenging role and will present the opportunity to design products for the world's most advanced commercial and military fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft. Exposure to the customer and end user, as well as working alongside like-minded engineers, makes theses interesting opportunities for the right candidates
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will be working as part of a team of experienced, passionate and innovative engineers creating world-leading See-through and Augmented Reality Displays, Flight Control Systems, Active Inceptors and Mission Computers.
Your main responsibilities as a Senior Systems Engineer will involve:
- Understanding our customers' challenging needs and specifying their requirements
- Developing complex system architectures and sub-systems to satisfy customer needs
- Integrating electronic, mechanical, optical and software sub-systems to provide a fully operating system
- Verifying that customer needs will be consistently satisfied in varying and hostile environmental conditions
- Proactively taking responsibility and accepting accountability for technical work packages
- Providing guidance and coaching to other engineers
- Driving process improvements in the way that we develop new systems
Your skills and qualifications:
- A degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant Scientific/Engineering subject (e.g. Systems Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering, Physics or Maths)
- Proven expertise in a wide range of relevant systems engineering and lifecycle activities, developing electronic and/or software-based designs or control systems
- Practical experience in estimating, planning and tracking engineering activities
- Experience of liaison with customers on technical issues
- Experience of developing safety critical systems
- Ability to perform design review assessments and technically guide the work of others
- Practical experience of integrating and testing software and/or electronic hardware systems
- Proven experience in requirements and design analysis, modelling and simulation, using tools such as DOORS and Simulink and design methodologies such as SysML
- Experience in developing one or more of the following systems; See-through and Augmented Reality Displays, Flight Control Systems, Active Inceptors, Mission Computers.
What we're looking for in you:
- You will have the ability to work as part of a larger team, demonstrating excellent communication skills. You will have excellent problem solving and team working skills and the ability to plan your own work, understanding the budget and schedule constrain.
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
BAE Systems is one of the world's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States and the United Kingdom.
We pride ourselves on employing the best professionals around. Join us and you'll be part of something important; something you can be proud of. You'll have the opportunity to work from concept to completion, giving you real ownership of projects. Whatever you do, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you're making a difference to people's lives.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we sometimes close our vacancies early. It is therefore advisable to apply as early as possible if you would like to be considered for a role with BAE Systems.