As a full-stack developer in the Asset & Maintenance Management (AMM) Section, you will carry out both analytic tasks as well as practical software development working closely with our support team and users.
- Participate in the system design and the information system architecture for the integrated asset management platform at CERN.
- Design and implement rich, interactive and responsive web applications for asset management related tasks.
- Take responsibility for system monitoring and general system management including deploying upgrades and patches.
- Provide interfaces and methodology for data exchange between applications.
- Take an active role in the common and continuous effort of improving both the services and tools provided.
- Experience in application design and development of systems using the Java Enterprise Edition stack.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Experience using web services (SOAP/REST) and system integration methods.
- Experience in configuration and management of modern application servers.
- Testing, diagnosing and optimization of software: configuration, monitoring and tailoring of the system as well as applying patches and managing major system upgrades.
- Re-use, refactoring, integration and porting of existing software: definition and management of interfaces to the supported system notably using web services.
- Applications support: typically takes the form of investigating and resolving issues and providing information about the systems.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States. (https://home.cern/about/member-states)
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 20.01.2019.