Senior Test Development Engineer
- The Senior Test Development Engineer will be responsible for design, manufacture, verification and validation along with through life technical support of board level, sub-system and system level test equipment for military products within Raytheon UK.
- In-depth hardware and applicable test related software design engineering experience.
- Capable of supplying engineering leadership and technical guidance within test group to ensure robust and timely delivery of test equipment to support production manufacturing’s needs.
- To design, build and commission custom functional test equipment to support Raytheon UKs production manufacturing facility.
- Contribute and Lead Technically within the engineering team developing Raytheon UK test equipment to meet the specified test requirements within scope, cost, and schedule.
- Prepare/Contribute to bids for power conversion products.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to test equipment design teams as necessary.
- To provide support to engineering management and customers in all aspects of test equipment design and manufacture. Prepare design evidence and present design review data to engineering management / customers.
- To use and develop tools and techniques to improve test equipment design processes.
- Develop product test specifications in conjunction with customers.
- Utilise Raytheon Six Sigma process improvement principles.
- Execute development activities in accordance with Raytheon UKs Integrated Product Development processes.
Education, skills and experience:
- Experience in some or all of the following
- Ideally Degree qualified in scientific, engineering or other relevant subject. Lesser qualification may be considered in lieu of experience
- Experience in the hardware design of test equipment such as:-
- Actuator systems
- GPS systems
- Switched Mode PSUs from W to kW;
- High speed serial and parallel communication interfaces;
- RF test development;
- FPGA, DSP;
- Precision Analogue A/D & D/A convertors;
- Small signal analogue measurement techniques.
- Experience in software design of test equipment using languages / tools, such as:-
- Test Stand; LabView CVI;
- Use of PLCS and PIC Micro-controllers.
- Experienced in Design Engineering and full product lifecycles.
- Problem analysis and resolution.
- Eligible for or holder of current SC security clearance. (Raytheon will sponsor as required)
- High performance Engineer and self-starter.
- Innovative and eager to push the boundaries.
- Background of work within a project management environment, an exposure to or an understanding of Earned Value reporting techniques would be of benefit.
- Strong knowledge of electronics design and manufacturing processes over a wide range of technologies and production platforms.
- Analytical engineer who can process data efficiently to provide solutions to problems and communicate the outcomes at all levels.
- Good team player who is willing to take ownership of problems and participate fully in team activities.
- Can demonstrate contribution to specific improvements in Development and Production Programs’ effectiveness efficiency and optimisation.
- Can understand and promote the use of Equipment / Machine SPC to identify potential issues and prevent them.
- Understands the principles of 6 Sigma and Lean Manufacturing
- Proven technical presentation skills.
- Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets.
- Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
- Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cyber security solutions.
- With a history of innovation spanning 96 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass
- Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
- Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I council, Reservist Network etc. and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
More searches like this
- Design Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Electronics Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Manufacturing & Production Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Scientific Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Research and Development Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer