Head of Manufacturing
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the UK Manufacturing Function, for an experienced Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) Operations Manager, based at our Manufacturing Centre of Excellence in Bolton. As a senior member of the UK Manufacturing Function, you will be accountable for all business KPIs for this large Team. You will also have the responsibility to lead our digital transformation effort in this key part of our manufacturing capability.
As a senior member of the UK Manufacturing Function, the purpose of this role is to lead and manage the CCA Team by successfully implementing the UK Manufacturing Strategy and leading the team through the CCA digital transformation, allowing the team to deliver upon all operational indices, which support customer deliverables.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to lead a large diverse team of professionals across engineering, manufacturing management and operator pools on a digital transformation journey for a circuit card assembly business.
- Introducing a range of automation and world class manufacturing methodologies.
- As a senior member of the UK Manufacturing Function, you will have the opportunity to shape the execution of the Manufacturing Strategy.
- Fantastic personal development opportunities.
- Appropriate UK and pan-European travel to collaborate across the MBDA Operations network.
What’s great about the team?
- You will be leading a team of highly motivated individuals, hungry for desire to implement operational excellence and achieve true world class manufacturing status.
What are we looking for?
- Highly experienced Operations Manager within the electronics industry, preferably circuit card assembly business
- Demonstrated business acumen in operations management, with a solid understanding of modern manufacturing techniques and knowledge of Factory of the Future (Industrie 4.0) objectives
- Experienced Financial and Budgetary Control management
- Experience in industry standard RCCA methodologies (eg 8D; six sigma) is essential to support the CCA team with a broad range of complex technical and operational process and product challenges
- Degree/Masters in Engineering or Operations or MBA ideally
- Effective, highly developed communication skills: written, verbal and presentation. Ability to liaise with wider MBDA and other equivalent organisations.
- Influencing skills to help UK Manufacturing drive process changes and product changes to achieve world class manufacturing status
- Strong leadership skills are required to support the cultural change being driven across the Function
- Resilience and strong character to hold other Groups accountable for their deliverables to the CCA team and UK Manufacturing as a whole
- As a senior manager within the UK Manufacturing Function, you will be expected to take a proactive role in further developing the UK Manufacturing Strategy and implementing this within the CCA business
What would you get?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)