Programme Engineering Lead
The Programme Engineering lead (PEL) sits within the Systems Integration Group. This is a multi-skilled team that is responsible for the integration & testing of simulators & updates to customers as well as the support of in-house development rigs.
The PEL works with and supports the Programme Manager for all programme engineering aspects throughout the programme life cycle. This includes responsibility for ensuring that the delivered device meets the engineering contractual requirements of the customer. The PEL also works with the Software Release Manager to manage the delivery and customisation of the appropriate software to the programme, including testing (internal and with the customer). The PEL will usually be the prime systems integrator & tester of the device to be delivered and will manage customer acceptance (in-house and on-site) and support certification.
Core responsibilities will involve, but not be limited to:
- Work with and support the programme manager for all programme engineering aspects
- Agree engineering deliverables and milestoes from internal/external suppliers and track progress
- Define and manage an integration and test plan
- Lead/implement integration activities as needed
- Manage/implement device testing against the plan ensuring the quality of the final deliverables
- Define and maintain slot charts for the programme delivery/testing (from system integration phase onwards) as required
- Present programme engineering status as required
- Hold phase readiness reviews from Hardware Software Integration (HSI) phase onwards
- Conduct Independant Test and Evaluation (ITE) to prove the acceptability of the simulator as a training device
- Conduct in-house and on-site acceptances with the customer and manage issues via an event diary
- Manage internal and external customer issues using company JIRA/AGILE processes
- Support certification with regulatory authorities
- Ensure Acceptance Discrepancy (ADR) closure plans are in place and actioned
- Instigate root cause analysis and corrective actions where appropriate for problems found
Key skills & experience:
- A high degree of technical expertise, problem solving skills, and innovation on complex engineering projects
- Experienced in systems engineering, formal testing, and verification & validation.
- Real time software architectures, programming and integration experience
- Cockpit knowledge of a civil aircraft product line.
- Knowledge of relevant Computer architectures & configuration
- Experience of Hardware/Software fault diagnosis
- The ability to perform as a lead engineer
- Strong leadership, communication and inter-personal skills
- Experience of customer interfacing (internal & external)
- Office software experience including PC's, Windows, Microsoft office tools, Sharepoint & JIRA.
- Familiar with AGILE methodologies
- Experience in Configuration Management, Change Control, Requirements Management, Risk Management, Estimating and Peer Reviews
- Able to support process improvement activities and standards such as ISO 9001
- Can undertake periods of shift work if required
- Able to work on customer sites, typically overseas, for periods ranging from 1 week up to 12 weeks
- Flexibility in working hours as required to meet programme needs
- Able to work effectively when under pressure
Qualification and educational requirements:
- A suitable degree or equivalent (with maths, science or engineering content) or a minimum 10 years appropriate experience in industry
- Significant technical experience in aircraft simulation, preferably with experience of specific civil aircraft product line or equivalent
Note: This advert is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job title. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role. The employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Additional information: Applications will only be accepted from individuals who possess the eligibility to live and work within the EEA. L3 CTS is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of their background.
L3 CTS offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.