Legislation Compliance Engineer
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
The Principle Legislation Engineer will work within the System Safety Engineering Team to provide Legislative support to multiple land vehicle programmes, this includes:
- Identify, review and track existing and emerging UK, EU and International Legislation with a potential to affect GDLS-UK products and services.
- Identify and advise on the Dis-Application of specific legislation that does not apply to MOD land vehicles delivered by GDLS-UK
- Establish a hierarchy of legislative compliance requirements for GDLS-0UK programmes and provide a measure of performance to show level of achievement.
- Develop and deliver a regular (quarterly) review and reporting process that allows GDLS-UK to measure programme performance against legislative compliance.
- Assess the impact of legislative repeals and legislative obsolescence or consolidation activities for GDLS-UK programmes.
- Develop and deliver (or support) Detailed Test Specifications for Legislative Testing on GDLS-UK land vehicle programmes
- Review and assess the results from Legislative testing and trials.
- Support the development of Detailed Test Reports with respect to land vehicle legislative performance.
- Review, interpret and report on Sub-Contractor supplied documents and test evidence to measure system performance against contractual and legal legislative requirements.
- Develop and deliver appropriate and robust legislative guidance and advice that allows GDLS-UK to recommend and support UK MOD procurement agencies seeking legal exemption for supplied equipment.
- Deliver Legislative Compliance data to support the development of land vehicle Safety Case Reports for key programme milestones.
- Prepare and present Legislative reports at key programme milestone meeting
- Managing the Legislation requirements set.
- Providing expert advice on how to satisfy the legislation requirements on AFV platforms.
- Creating the bodies of evidence of compliance and acceptance to satisfy the Legislative requirements
- Expert understanding on the application and satisfaction of Legislative requirements to development of an Armoured Fighting Vehicle such as the AJAX platform
- Extensive knowledge of worldwide vehicle legislation and certification. Preferably with experience of working within a recognised vehicle Type Approval Authority.
- Extensive knowledge of UK MoD operational military vehicle legislation and safety requirements. Preferably with experience of working within MoD vehicle procurement programmes
- Educated to first degree (BSc) level in an engineering science or mathematics discipline with a working knowledge of safety management requirements within the UK defence industry.
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.