Manager, Settlement Reform System Design
Ofgem is committed to making a positive difference for energy consumers through effective regulation of the market and close working with suppliers to ensure sustainable energy for consumers and businesses in the UK.
Our Settlement Reform team is delivering new arrangements that will allow for half-hourly electricity settlement, using smart meter data. The new systems will support innovation and an intelligent, flexible energy system with the potential to save consumers billions of pounds off their energy bills in the coming decades. They will also underpin the transition to a lower-carbon future. As Manager, you will drive the project forward, working closely with stakeholders on the design of the new systems and overseeing their implementation through changes to industry codes.
It is a complex and important role that demands highly developed problem-solving, influencing and communication skills. Your excellent judgement will be backed by a strong track record of success in policy development or regulatory oversight, plus a good understanding of the GB electricity system. You must be able to parse technical information and communicate it in an accessible and digestible format to a wider audience. Comfortable making evidence-based policy decisions and analysis, you will also be a collaborative and technically-minded, with the interpersonal skills to engage a variety of stakeholders. We expect you to be educated to degree level or bring equivalent professional experience.
Ofgem can offer you a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, which includes:
- Up to 30 days’ annual leave
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- The opportunity to join the Civil Service pension arrangements, which include a valuable range of benefits
- Flexible working hours and family friendly policies
- Restaurant and subsidised gym (London location only)
- Interest free season ticket loan.
Closing date: 14th January 2019.
Ofgem is an equal opportunities employer. Protecting consumers and powering the future of the energy debate.
More searches like this
- Business & Finance Software & Hardware jobs in Director & Senior Management
- Electrical Software & Hardware jobs in Director & Senior Management
- Electronics Software & Hardware jobs in Director & Senior Management
- Project Engineering Software & Hardware jobs in Director & Senior Management
- Systems Software & Hardware jobs in Director & Senior Management