General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
This role is for a System Engineer to work as part of the Design Services Provision (DSP) team to develop and maintain complex Tactical C4i communication systems using engineering disciplines to deliver customer and end user focused design services.
The role will include supporting and leading tasks at different stages in the engineering lifecycle to deliver solutions that meet customer needs to a defined quality standard within agreed timescales and budgets
Deliver assigned tasks to address in-service issues and capability gaps:
- Analysing and defining customer requirements.
- System and product development.
- System integration, verification, validation.
- Supporting field trials.
- Problem investigation.
- Incident investigation.
- Input to internal and external meetings
Provide support and guidance to:
- Quality Assurance.
Complying with company/corporate procedures and mandatory training
- Good understanding and experience of supporting and developing Tactical C4I Systems; knowledge of the BCIP system is desirable.
- Ability to generate well-structured technical documents using Microsoft packages and manage through a review process to achieve release to committed deadlines.
- Ability to present at progress reviews and contribute productively in the team and with external UK MoD and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrates good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills as well as motivation, integrity, professionalism, flexibility, commitment and innovation.
- Knowledge and Vocational background in an Engineering (system, hardware, software, electronic communications, and computer systems) or related discipline.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the challenges associated with system engineering in a delivery focused, commercially successful organization.
- Experience of using engineering methodologies and tools to manage requirements (DOORS), architecture/design (PTC Integrity Modeller), system integration and test (Application Lifecycle Management) at an appropriate level of detail is desirable
- Experience of working through the Systems Engineering Life cycle.
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.